Galveston FTTF Boarding

jrage001

i just purchased the FTTF and want to make the most of it. That said, what time do they normally start boarding? I’ve been able to research that we can board once the Wedding Parties, Diamond and Platinum guest board but not sure when we should show up. Your help is appreciated.

Second, and slightly off topic, but has anyone placed a CPAP machine in the check in baggage? I read to carry it on but I’m traveling with 3 kids and wanted to avoid another piece of luggage.

Boarding can be as early as 10, a couple of times even earlier, but its rare, or as late as 11:30, they have to fix something or there is a inspection or they were a little late who knows all the reasons Ive heard.

That being said my last cruise was a huge gambling cruise, and we had over 500 platinum and diamonds. Have you noticed a lot posting about getting the cruise because of gambling? look in your roll call, i will avoid this next time.

Never sailed out of Galveston, but I'd look at reviews and see if they have included boarding time and go from there.

DH and I both use CPAPs - we've seen how the luggage is thrown around - no way I would put mine in a checked bag. I don't want to take a chance on having it damaged. Use a backpack instead.

Boarding in Galveston usually starts between 11:00 and 1145. Rarely will It be outside of these times.

The big rush is between 11 and 1, if you arrive during that time the fttf will help you right to the front of the line. If you arrive after that time,you don't need it for embark.

Are you sailing on the freedom or the valor? The breeze is more likely to start boarding later than 1130 or so. More people means it takes longer to clear the ship.

Boarding in Galveston usually starts between 11:00 and 1145. Rarely will It be outside of these times.

The big rush is between 11 and 1, if you arrive during that time the fttf will help you right to the front of the line. If you arrive after that time,you don't need it for embark.

Are you sailing on the freedom or the valor? The breeze is more likely to start boarding later than 1130 or so. More people means it takes longer to clear the ship.

We’re going on the Breeze June 10th. I had an 1130 boarding time before I got the FTTF. I’m now wondering if the upgrade was worth it.

We’re going on the Breeze June 10th. I had an 1130 boarding time before I got the FTTF. I’m now wondering if the upgrade was worth it.

No, you had an 11:30 check in time. That is the time you could check in to the terminal building, when you are checked in they would give you a boarding number and you would then board when they called that number (after Weddings, Diamond, Platinum, Special Needs and FTTF)

For the breeze, if you don't like to wait keep the fttf. You will likely get an email from carnival telling you to arrive one hour later than your scheduled time. The breeze holds 1000 more than valor and freedom and it will be crazy until 2:00.

If you arrive after 2, you pretty much walk right on. The porters stop taking luggage about that time though, so be prepared to carry it with you.