Port Stephens/Nelson Bay suggestions

Would cost $70 to $80 for taxi from Cruise terminal to Morpeth one-way at least. Train would be $4 & $10 taxi ride.. So one would be $150, the other $28 to go to Morpeth. I run a business in Maitland which Morpeth is a suburb of... It's nice...

So if we were to embark on this journey, is it best to access the station from the centre of Newcastle or the cruise ship terminal? Would we take the Hunter train line? Where would we get off and what bus stop would we go to catch the bus to Morpeth? Would this be the 184 bus? Would 5 hours be enough to go there and back on a Saturday? Thank for your help.

So if we were to embark on this journey, is it best to access the station from the centre of Newcastle or the cruise ship terminal? Would we take the Hunter train line? Where would we get off and what bus stop would we go to catch the bus to Morpeth? Would this be the 184 bus? Would 5 hours be enough to go there and back on a Saturday? Thank for your help.

Yes the Hunter line, trains leave the Newcastle interchange at Wickham just before the O’clock (about 5 to from memory) on Saturdays it’s about a half hour train ride. I’ll have to follow up on the bus question. It’d be about a 15 min trip from East Maitland Station (which is where I’d be inclined to change) so you will take nearly 2 of your 5 hours in travel time.

Personally I wouldn’t think it worth it.

You could get Taxi from East Maitland / Victoria st stations for $10 at most to Morpeth... As Gut said those times are correct.. Actually using East Maitland station on Saturday on my epic journey to Singapore to join The Carnival Spirit..

Gut I run Rezzie Betta Electrical. On the Melbourne st corner... Lol. Where you at??

You could get Taxi from East Maitland / Victoria st stations for $10 at most to Morpeth... As Gut said those times are correct.. Actually using East Maitland station on Saturday on my epic journey to Singapore to join The Carnival Spirit..

Gut I run Rezzie Betta Electrical. On the Melbourne st corner... Lol. Where you at??

Ashtonfield, just behind Grammar.

Ashtonfield, just behind Grammar.

Oh; one of those street that have a crusing kind of name... Lol. The owner of my business is on Norfolk...

Gotta love Ashtonfield. First part of suburb all have island/nautical themes & then it goes all Irish (Galway Bay. Shamrock). Lol

Have a great week-end Gut.:):)

Oh; one of those street that have a crusing kind of name... Lol. The owner of my business is on Norfolk...

Gotta love Ashtonfield. First part of suburb all have island/nautical themes & then it goes all Irish (Galway Bay. Shamrock). Lol

Have a great week-end Gut.:):)

Nah we are in the Irish not the islands, I’ll drop in one day and say howdy.