Buying a bottle online with Carnival

Shove off is when the ship leaves from any port. I think the poster meant when the ship leaves port on the first day, lol. I've ordered liquor to be delivered to our room several times and each time it was in our room when we arrived.

Yes, the bottles I've gotten are 1 liter. Crown Royal and Malibu rum. I figured the cost of buying drinks vs. making my own and in my opinion it's better, but everyone is different. The other advantage is if you don't drink it all, you can bring it home!

When you purchase alcohol online before your trip do you get that bottle in your room?

There is an option online to set which day you want the product delivered on pre purchased liquor. You select the day.:):)

What do you think the cost per drink is when you do bottle service and bring on cans for mixers? Something I’d never considered but maybe should. Especially for shorter cruises. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I justify the cost of a bottle, say Crown, is 95 plus gratuity now, then figure there's 33.8 ounces in a liter. A shot in your drink is generally 1 ounce, so that's approximately 33 drinks. The average cost of a drink at any of the ship bars is around $9, some more, some less. So basically the cost of those 33 drinks would be around $297. Even adding the cost of your mixers, you're coming out way ahead having the bottle in your room and make your own.

I justify the cost of a bottle, say Crown, is 95 plus gratuity now, then figure there's 33.8 ounces in a liter. A shot in your drink is generally 1 ounce, so that's approximately 33 drinks. The average cost of a drink at any of the ship bars is around $9, some more, some less. So basically the cost of those 33 drinks would be around $297. Even adding the cost of your mixers, you're coming out way ahead having the bottle in your room and make your own.

Aren't most drinks about 1.5 ounces of alcohol? Even then, you would get about 22 drinks from a bottle, which is still $198 at $9 a drink.

When you purchase pre-cruise a bottle of liquor for your cabin, during purchase you can pick which day during the cruise you would like it delivered. You also have the option to order a bottle of liquor once onboard through room service. If you purchase the liquor pre-cruise, they will enter your cabin and leave the liquor for you. If you order a bottle of liquor through room service, you will need to wait in your cabin for delivery to sign for it. I've found there's no price difference either way. You'll pay a service charge if you pre-order before your cruise or pay an automatic gratuity if ordered through room service once onboard.