Celebrity Summit 5/29/2018 - Early Arrival in Bermuda??

Gaynors

Has anyone heard if there a possible problem on the Summit? It isn't supposed to arrive at Bermuda until tomorrow yet marine traffic shows it very close to Bermuda and going 20-21 knots,

Just wondering since we have family on this sailing, but haven't heard anything from them.

Without knowing anything I would say there must be a medical emergency and they are trying to get as close to Bermuda as possible to get a sick passenger off the ship. Or could it be weather related and they needed to get out of the area they were sailing in? In any event they will have nowhere to dock until one the current ships in port leave.

I haven't seen any other posts yet - but as of about 10am they have taken on board a pilot which says they are entering the channel vs just getting close enough for a medical evac

There was a medical emergency on the Summit. We arrived off shore in Bermuda at 11 am to transfer the patient to a tender. The ship has now gone back out. We will arrive in port around 5:30pm today, as soon as there is space for our ship to dock.

Same thing happened to us last summer,

we arrived the night before we were due into Bermuda on

the Summit for a medical emergency....

we also had sailed away from Bayonne and had to go back for a medical evacuation. So our cruise had two.

Bernadette

I saw this on Facebook this morning.........

" Posted on portbermudawebcam.com FB page See note by Willy Freeman dockmaster Royal Naval Dockyard Bermuda Early Arrival". "Celebrity Summit is here early for a medical emergency debarkation. She will come to her berth later this afternoon after the Norwegian Dawn departure"

Thanks for the update, will keep an eye out this afternoon to see her arrive I think the Dawn leaves about 4 pm.

I was wondering the same thing. Assumed it was a medical emergency.

I was on the Escape last week and we were within sight of each other the first 2 sea days. Slow steaming it to Bermuda at half speed.

We actually docked in Bermuda first despite the Summit leaving Bayonne ahead of us.

Looks like she will circle off the Eastern end until a berth becomes available.

It is 421 Eastern time 521 commute time live on PTZ TV right now you can watch all the action I need Bermuda WebCam the dawn is preparing to leave the summit is right behind her

Sent from my iPhone using Forums