Pre-paid gratuities

avenger71

I don't usually prepay gratuities because I choose to pay when I cruise but for my upcoming cruise my cabin mate prepaid for hers. Does that mean I have to prepay also? Thank you for any input in advance!

I don't usually prepay gratuities because I choose to pay when I cruise but for my upcoming cruise my cabin mate prepaid for hers. Does that mean I have to prepay also? Thank you for any input in advance!

Hmmm. I'm not sure how she was able to pre-pay just hers and not yours. It was my understanding that If you are trying to pre -pay them you will be required to pre-pay for both wether online or over the phone. I just ran into this issue back in April before our cruise.

Hmmm. I'm not sure how she was able to pre-pay just hers and not yours. It was my understanding that If you are trying to pre -pay them you will be required to pre-pay for both wether online or over the phone. I just ran into this issue back in April before our cruise.

Yes, this. Unless there is a way to call in and separate the two, both "pre-paid" are required. It might just be the box was checked to pre-pay the gratuities and final payment hasn't come yet. But at that point, they will need to be paid.

doesnt make a difference prepaid or not- its the same amount that should be paid.

I dont know how she was able to prepay and you were not.

I had to always pay everyone

Yep, I have been denied pre-paying gratuities for just 1 of the 2 cabin occupants also (wife & I split up to get better rate on 2 cabins)

Thank you all for your responses. I guess I wasn't very clear. She has made her final payment with gratuities paid I haven't made my final payment yet. When I make my final payment do I have to prepay for the gratuities? I would rather pay them when onboard, like I always do.

Sounds like you are on 2 different reservations, since she has made final payment and you have not. If that is the case, you should be able to pay when you like. If it is the same reservation (not sure how one could make final payment and the other not) and she selected pre-pay, yours will be due when you make final payment.

Related to this, do you get any discount prepaying gratuities? I want to use my Carnival gift cards once I’m on board for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, but there's no reason you can't pre-pay gratuities online using a gift card. No discount, but one less thing to pay for onboard.

No you don't.

doesnt make a difference prepaid or not- its the same amount that should be paid.

I dont know how she was able to prepay and you were not.

I had to always pay everyone

They have probably set up separate accounts for paying their bills. This can be done when you enter all your information on line or a CCL rep or PVP can do it for you. Easy-Peasy.

Sounds like you are on 2 different reservations, since she has made final payment and you have not. If that is the case, you should be able to pay when you like. If it is the same reservation (not sure how one could make final payment and the other not) and she selected pre-pay, yours will be due when you make final payment.

They set up separate charging accounts.