Posh Beach Club on Norwegian Epic

IPAfanatics

6 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I've not been on Epic.  Is there no Vibe?  So a handful of people can buy passes to what is essentially the Haven sundeck area?  If so, I'll need to keep that in mind when booking future cruises.

Yes, that is correct.  There is not a Vibe on the Epic but a Posh.  However, Posh is mainly for the Haven guests with a few passes available for non-Haven guests.

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Yes, that is correct.  There is not a Vibe on the Epic but a Posh.  However, Posh is mainly for the Haven guests with a few passes available for non-Haven guests.

Yes there are only a few passes. We have been on the Epic twice and enjoyed Posh and the Haven. Be aware you will see and elevator in the corner which goes to the Haven pool area but it only works using a  keycard so if you have access to Posh and not staying in the Haven you will not be able to go to the pool. The Caribbean cruise is busy yet we never had an issue finding a seat though the bar area was hopping especially after returning to the ship after a port stop. The Med cruise it was quiet (weather difference) I am sure is the reason. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I've not been on Epic.  Is there no Vibe?  So a handful of people can buy passes to what is essentially the Haven sundeck area?  If so, I'll need to keep that in mind when booking future cruises.

No Vibe.

The Posh Club is a 2 story sundeck with a private bar and water feature. It is the sundeck for the Haven, but in the past, they have sold a limited number of passes to non-Haven passengers (not sure why). 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No Vibe.

The Posh Club is a 2 story sundeck with a private bar and water feature. It is the sundeck for the Haven, but in the past, they have sold a limited number of passes to non-Haven passengers (not sure why). 

I am also not sure why they do either but I think it is for more revenue as the area is never extremely busy. There are two bartenders for a small amount of people and there is never a real wait for a drink. I think I may have seen three bartenders during the sea days on the Carribean cruise but most of the time on the Med cruise there was only one (port intensive). I guess they want to keep the bartenders busy.

What I am trying to figure out is if we can go to guest services when we board and purchase them for our nephew and his wife who will not be staying in the Haven.  We will also be paying for them if that makes a difference.  I know for the run for the Vibe passes, you got a number then you purchased it on your own timeline.   

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

What I am trying to figure out is if we can go to guest services when we board and purchase them for our nephew and his wife who will not be staying in the Haven.  We will also be paying for them if that makes a difference.  I know for the run for the Vibe passes, you got a number then you purchased it on your own timeline.   

It’s been a few years since we have been on the Gem, so procedures may have changed, but when we purchased them my husband had to wait for me. They would not sell him 2 passes until I got to the desk. They may make your family be present. 

21 minutes ago, Winky7650 said:

It’s been a few years since we have been on the Gem, so procedures may have changed, but when we purchased them my husband had to wait for me. They would not sell him 2 passes until I got to the desk. They may make your family be present. 

The Gem does not have a Vibe or Posh.

What I don't understand is why Haven passengers get the Posh passes when they have their own area and pool.   Can't they sell to the non-Haven only so there is more to go around?  Anyone try to get them and was unsuccessful?

We have used Vibe many times and love it so want the Posh too for our upcoming cruise and are worried that we might not get it hearing of the "limited" spots.  

Is it Guest Services or the Social that we need to run to like lunatics to get the number?   Really like that NCL made the common sense decision to let Vibe passes be bought ahead of time which we just did on the Joy and reduced the need for the run through the decks to get to the number

3 hours ago, travellingguy said:

What I don't understand is why Haven passengers get the Posh passes when they have their own area and pool.   Can't they sell to the non-Haven only so there is more to go around?  Anyone try to get them and was unsuccessful?

We have used Vibe many times and love it so want the Posh too for our upcoming cruise and are worried that we might not get it hearing of the "limited" spots.  

Is it Guest Services or the Social that we need to run to like lunatics to get the number?   Really like that NCL made the common sense decision to let Vibe passes be bought ahead of time which we just did on the Joy and reduced the need for the run through the decks to get to the number

As explained multiple times, Posh club is the Haven sun deck. Every Haven has a sun deck. Yes???

Haven passengers do not “get passes”, it is the Haven sun deck. Every Haven passenger can go to the Haven sun deck. 

The Epic has no Vibe. 

The Epic allows a few (10 or less) steerage passengers to use the Haven sun deck. 

All Vibe passes on all shipsbare now sold in advance online. No running. 

If you want the posh club, book a Haven room. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, travellingguy said:

Actually the pool area in the Haven  is small and on a different deck. The Epic Haven sun deck area is not as large area as on some of the newer larger ships which is most likely why there are not pre-purchase options for the few passes. On the NCL ships with the Vibe Beach Club it is open to anyone with a pass or staying in the Haven. The Haven Sundeck is reserved for guests staying in the Haven Suites. 

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

As explained multiple times, Posh club is the Haven sun deck. Every Haven has a sun deck. Yes???

Haven passengers do not “get passes”, it is the Haven sun deck. Every Haven passenger can go to the Haven sun deck. 

The Epic has no Vibe. 

The Epic allows a few (10 or less) steerage passengers to use the Haven sun deck. 

All Vibe passes on all shipsbare now sold in advance online. No running. 

If you want the posh club, book a Haven room. 

It may have been explained multiple times - but I haven't read it nor could find it - I don't read CC every day - sorry to have a question that I'm sure others have asked or wondered multiple times and it is not clearly advertised or defined in any of the online NCL websites.  NCL agents also aren't able to answer it definitively when we ask.  NCL made changes to the Vibe program this year - yes previously you had to run for a ticket and we were those runners.  Now thankfully you can buy them ahead of time.  This was not widely published but we found out through our NCL agent and was confirmed earlier in 2021 on a hidden post here on cc.   I was hoping for similar help by asking here.   Asking our agents over the last few years, "I don't know about Posh.  Ask when boarding at guest services."  In terms of booking a Haven room, I choose multiple trips in a year then booking one a year so I guess steerage will have to suffice 

16 minutes ago, travellingguy said:

It may have been explained multiple times - but I haven't read it nor could find it - I don't read CC every day - sorry to have a question that I'm sure others have asked or wondered multiple times and it is not clearly advertised or defined in any of the online NCL websites. 

The response was intended to say that the Posh being the Haven Sundeck was discussed in multiple posts on this thread (Post #4, #24, #26, #28, #36, #37, #38). And in response to Post #35 where it essentially says, guns blazing,,, "If the Haven has it's own area, then why are they given access to the Posh Club".... because the Posh is the Haven sundeck area,,, there is no other. 

The handful of passes used to be sold at Guest Services. I don't have any post-pandemic information on whether passes are still sold (online or onboard). The last time we were on the Epic was pre-pandemic in the Haven.