BLISS Alaska 2018 Freestyle Dailies

Motegi

I have been looking at the Dailies that have been posted and don't see the martini tasting that I have enjoyed in the past. NCL would have the on sea days. I was looking forward to these during my September Bliss cruise. Does anyone know if they still do them? Thanks!

thx!

needed to know what the daily buffet themes were so i can schedule my sdp meals.

there was no prime rib theme at buffet or the Local on day 1 (embarkation day)?

On Facebook they quoted the assistant manager of the buffet...she said the Seafood buffet will not always be on the same night each cruise, so that would move some of the other buffet highlights to a different night. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

thx!

needed to know what the daily buffet themes were so i can schedule my sdp meals.

there was no prime rib theme at buffet or the Local on day 1 (embarkation day)?

Yes there was Prime Rib at the buffet on day 1. We even got it for lunch there too!

We had snow crab legs at the buffet on Skagway Day (Wednesday).

76_BB85_E9-925_C-4_F09-9_D7_B-324676284_DA6.jpg

I know that they had them before that as well as we had talked to people on our excursion who had missed having them the first time they were offered and had complained to the staff and received a complimentary specialty dining pass as compensation.

Motegi

How was your embarkation process???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Embarkation was among the fastest we’ve ever experienced. We arrived at our designated time, around 10:30. We left our luggage with the porters and were directed toward the check in line. The line was very short. Actually the way they had it roped off took longer to wind back and forth between the ropes than the time it took to actually process the passengers. It was like a maze... They were actively adding more turns even while we were walking through it! LOL!!!

The security x ray attendant and I had a great conversation about our watch collections and I think he might just look into going on the Invicta Full Ship Charter with us in February 2019 on the Carnival Victory!

Next we just walked right up to the check in desk with no line and received our cruise cards. We were handed “Group 1” boarding cards and so we simply walked over and boarded. ZERO wait!

There were some other passengers who were sitting in benches around the check in area. I’m not sure why. Perhaps they were waiting for family?

The one thing I found a little unusual is that the NCL photographers were not taking embarkation pictures anywhere. For every other cruise I’ve been on there is a photo with the ships image on a backdrop that all passengers take before heading up the gangway. This was not offered for our sailing on the Bliss. It was only much later during the cruise that one of the onboard photo areas was setup with a ship image backdrop. Perhaps they forgot? Was it for speed and efficiency? Or is this a new change in procedure?

Embarkation was among the fastest we’ve ever experienced. We arrived at our designated time, around 10:30. We left our luggage with the porters and were directed toward the check in line. The line was very short. Actually the way they had it roped off took longer to wind back and forth between the ropes than the time it took to actually process the passengers. It was like a maze... They were actively adding more turns even while we were walking through it! LOL!!!

The security x ray attendant and I had a great conversation about our watch collections and I think he might just look into going on the Invicta Full Ship Charter with us in February 2019 on the Carnival Victory!

Next we just walked right up to the check in desk with no line and received our cruise cards. We were handed “Group 1” boarding cards and so we simply walked over and boarded. ZERO wait!

There were some other passengers who were sitting in benches around the check in area. I’m not sure why. Perhaps they were waiting for family?

The one thing I found a little unusual is that the NCL photographers were not taking embarkation pictures anywhere. For every other cruise I’ve been on there is a photo with the ships image on a backdrop that all passengers take before heading up the gangway. This was not offered for our sailing on the Bliss. It was only much later during the cruise that one of the onboard photo areas was setup with a ship image backdrop. Perhaps they forgot? Was it for speed and efficiency? Or is this a new change in procedure?

Thanks for the info. We sail 7/14

I cruised in May on the Escape and same thing. No photographers when boarding the ship. I don't know if they did them later or not.( I've been on at least 30 cruises and first time ever this happened.)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
I’m starting a thread for the Freestyle Dailies for the 2018 Bliss 7-day Alaska itinerary.

June 2, 2018 Day 1

FD8_A6_C26-9_BD7-44_AE-8164-_B96_FEF54_C052.jpg

2_DB8_C756-519_F-4_DD4-_A5_FF-719_BB6_EB82_CF.jpg

C03564_AC-_A8_D1-406_A-_A451-157_D58_B3_ED4_B.jpg

82234061-_CB41-48_F2-_AA3_D-_FD7_E53_F7_AF90.jpg

Thank you! I've always wondered if they use the same 'Dailies' and just change the dates... Anyone on here go after this sailing and see they are exact? I'm curious on the Bliss if they ever did any outside movies under the stars? Thanks again for sharing. We went to Alaska last year with NCL and are excited to tryout the Bliss this year!

Thanks for sharing, Motegi! Question for those viewing pics on a desktop -when you click on the pic to enlarge, does it take you to a site with (not really appropriate for work) ads?

Actually they seem to be targeted ads. On my pages one of the ads is for a kitchen mixer I've been considering buying. Why, what ads are showing up for you?

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to do this! I'm cruising the same week as you in 2019! One note for the CC forum future, for some reason I could not see any of your photographs on my desktop, but they all appeared in my mobile app. Huge help! Thanks.

I’m starting a thread for the Freestyle Dailies for the 2018 Bliss 7-day Alaska itinerary.

June 2, 2018 Day 1

FD8_A6_C26-9_BD7-44_AE-8164-_B96_FEF54_C052.jpg

2_DB8_C756-519_F-4_DD4-_A5_FF-719_BB6_EB82_CF.jpg

C03564_AC-_A8_D1-406_A-_A451-157_D58_B3_ED4_B.jpg

82234061-_CB41-48_F2-_AA3_D-_FD7_E53_F7_AF90.jpg

Thanks for posting these. Made planning for our seven day cruise easier for specialty dinners and booking entertainment. We will be doing the Eastern Caribbean departing Dec 8th and have been able to book two shows and one restaurant so far and the days line up with these dailies. If the Bliss is like the Epic and Escape were we will probably have to wait and book the rest of the shows on the ship.

Dave

Thanks for posting these! Quick question based on Dallies, you don’t reserve Beatlemania show?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't take reservations and it is always PACKED. I would arrive and stake out a spot at least 45 minutes early.