Captain Johnny

He is currently on Harmony, however he is on vacation for the time being as each Captain gets 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off (although sometimes they will go an extra week). Captain Gus is currently on Harmony, sharing the helm with Captain Johnny. I sailed with Captain Johnny on Allure in 2015 and again on Harmony in 2017 and I always enjoy talking to him and just listening to his announcements, he loves what he does and it shows. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wow it sounds like he is keeping close to the Harmony as I had him in 2016. I wonder if he will take over the Symphony when it comes? He is a hoot. All captains should be as nice and cool and Johnny, One can hope.

I was hoping Captain Johnny would come to Symphony too, but he and Captain Gus have both mentioned that they plan to stay on Harmony for awhile to come! I remember seeing in another thread how he stays on the same ship for awhile, which definitely seems to be the case - Mariner several years, then Allure, and now Harmony. Rob Hempstead and Rick Sullivan are Symphony’s Captains for the foreseeable future; both of them are also quite respected. There is also a thread on here that keeps track of which ship each Captain is on, which ones are on vacation, etc. I don’t have a cruise on Symphony booked yet, but do plan to sail in the near future, and was slightly disappointed when I heard Captain Johnny wouldn’t be in command, but I’ve heard great things about the ones on Symphony as well. Although, I agree, it is hard to beat Captain Johnny! He will always be my favorite!

I was hoping Captain Johnny would come to Symphony too, but he and Captain Gus have both mentioned that they plan to stay on Harmony for awhile to come! I remember seeing in another thread how he stays on the same ship for awhile, which definitely seems to be the case - Mariner several years, then Allure, and now Harmony. Rob Hempstead and Rick Sullivan are Symphony’s Captains for the foreseeable future; both of them are also quite respected. There is also a thread on here that keeps track of which ship each Captain is on, which ones are on vacation, etc. I don’t have a cruise on Symphony booked yet, but do plan to sail in the near future, and was slightly disappointed when I heard Captain Johnny wouldn’t be in command, but I’ve heard great things about the ones on Symphony as well. Although, I agree, it is hard to beat Captain Johnny! He will always be my favorite!

And I also wonder if Abe Hughes will take the CD on the Symphony. I might be liking the smaller ships too much. I am doing the Symphony in April of 2020 so I have a ways to go.

Johnny also does not always bring his motorcycle on board either.

And I also wonder if Abe Hughes will take the CD on the Symphony. I might be liking the smaller ships too much. I am doing the Symphony in April of 2020 so I have a ways to go.

Johnny also does not always bring his motorcycle on board either.

Captain Johnny typically keeps a smaller bike onboard, as his bigger one does not fit in the ship’s elevators. I will likely be doing Symphony in summer 2020, so shortly after you. I too was hoping Abe would come to Symphony, as I loved him on Harmony, but unfortunately that does not seem to be the case - he was originally supposed to, but there was a change of plans. Bobby Brown and Michele Scarpato are the 2 CDs on Symphony now, and once she comes to the US I believe it will be Michele and Marc Walker. Michele was the AM on my Allure cruise and I did really like him too. We never know what 2020 will bring though!