Panama Canal B2B

My wife and I are thinking of taking the two Panama Canal Cruises in Sept 2019 as a B2B. One is Miracle from Tampa to LA and the other is LA to Tampa on the Legend. The Legend starts the day the Miracle arrives so I should be able to just walk across the pier from one to the other. My quest is though, what are the odds of a delay in the Miracle arriving screwing things up for me. If the Miracle is delayed for Fog or anything like that, wouldn't the Legend be delayed in leaving. I am thinking this is one pair of cruises that insurance would need to be a must in case i miss the second leg. Also since this is two different ships i am assuming there is no lining the two together for any reason. Has anyone done this type of B2B where they are different ships. Did it go smoothly going from one to the other.

Good for you. Be sure to tell Carnival to link your 2 bookings, so they will know you are changing ships in LA and will automatically know if you are delayed.

You should realize that the Miracle will dock in Long Beach, but the Legend will sail from San Pedro, which are different LA ports and you will need to find a way to get from one to another.

Consecutive cruises on different ships are technically "side by side" but we still like to call them "back to back". We did a side by side from Port Canaveral where the ships were docked next to each other. We also did one from Miami and Port Everglades by taking the shuttle from the ship to the airport and another shuttle to the other ship.

Wish we had the vacation time and money to join you.

Edited by Garth2

Will be on the LA to Tampa cruise. There will be a lot of sea days on each leg. The ports are the same on the on the return plus two others. I thought about it, and it would be 28 days of cruising. By the time I got back, the grass would be up to my ... knees.

You do get to see two different ships. The Legend is docking at San Pedro. The Miracle is docking at Long Beach (Carnival's normal port) which supports one ship. It will be about 15 minute shuttle between ports.

It would be a fun month.

Thanks both of you. I just got done spending 24 days on the Horizon in Europe and the TA. I wasn't aware of the two different ports in LA but worse case a taxi wont take that long. Been on the Legend a few times and the Miracle once. Its more of a way to do the complete Panama Canal both directions.

Still deciding. Going to wait till we get off the Magic later this summer so i can get the additional onboard credit since i dont have to try and get the same room as i would on a regular B2B.