Australia travel thank you!

bobpatj

It's been such a busy time since we got home from our wonderful ms Amsterdam cruise. I've been meaning to thank all of you who gave us such good info on what to see and do in beautiful Australia. What a wonderful country! I hope we can return, some day. We had 2 days in Fremantle/Perth. Beautiful weather and we learned the "Aussie Salute." Adelaide was nice, again beautiful weather, Sydney was awesome! Looking out our cabin window, we could see the Opera House. We didn't sail until after 11 pm, so the lights of the city, the bridge and the Opera House were so beautiful. In Brisbane, we had more great weather and enjoyed the sheep shearing/herding, the animals, (holding an adorable koala) and visiting the shops. I took many pictures and enjoy bringing back all these great memories. :)

Thank you for your beautiful words about my adopted country (ex US) but I've married and lived here for many years both on the east and west coast. I hope you do come back sometime and explore more of this great country. We live in Perth now and love the south west.

Can you help an ex-aussie now living in the States My American relatives would like to travel to Australia with me next Christmas when I go to visit my brother and sister (in Sydney). We would ideally like to do a cruise but I cannot find much from here. The Statendam and Star (?) Princess visit mostly NZ ports. We can fly from the US to Sydney and would like to link up with a cruise that visits mostly Aust. ports. Do you know of anything (we want balconies -- I think there is a small shipping line there (don't recall the name) but their ships are sans balconies. Thanks for any help.:)

Can you help an ex-aussie now living in the States My American relatives would like to travel to Australia with me next Christmas when I go to visit my brother and sister (in Sydney). We would ideally like to do a cruise but I cannot find much from here. The Statendam and Star (?) Princess visit mostly NZ ports. We can fly from the US to Sydney and would like to link up with a cruise that visits mostly Aust. ports. Do you know of anything (we want balconies -- I think there is a small shipping line there (don't recall the name) but their ships are sans balconies. Thanks for any help.:)

Try www.pocruises.com.au.

also have a look at the P&O forum on this site. I would post any questions there.

Maxx and Niteshade: Thanks for the information on Aussie cruises. Yes, I know how rocky the waters can be around there. I did a number of cruises from Sydney to NZ when I lived in Sydney and I also travelled by ship from Sydney to New York when I moved to the States. (Just got off a cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii and had a few rough days going over.) Thanks again.

Archived