Power strip allowed on Princess?

mahondi

So??? Does the electricity slow down because it is going up hill? :confused:

Absolutely. :'):'):')

On our last Princess cruise the cabin steward told us we were not allowed to use it because it hadnt been tested by Princess and may be a fire risk but we had used it on previous cruises.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We have never had a cabin steward question our power strip. The new power strips with the multiple USB ports are a real blessing recharging our multiple and growing electronic gadgets. The walwarts take up too much space.

Absolutely. :'):'):')

We have never had a cabin steward question our power strip. The new power strips with the multiple USB ports are a real blessing recharging our multiple and growing electronic gadgets. The walwarts take up too much space.

It's not an issue like smuggled alcohol, it's an issue like being alive to wake up in the morning.

Power bars that were perfectly safe ashore can and have (rarely) caught fire afloat because ships are wired

differently (to minimize saltwater corrosion) than is done ashore. Use a plain, multi-tap extension cord.

The US Coast Guard has pictures from the fires online.

"Do you feel lucky today?"

-- Insp Calahan, SFPD

For the first time in over 15 cruises the security person in San Pedro wanted to confiscate DH's power strip. Once he showed her his cpap machine she let him keep it. We've used this same strip for several years with no problem so we were very surprised when she flagged his carry on for further checking.

We'll have to look at the cords shown in previous posts before our ta in September.

I travel with an 8' extension cord with the end having 3 spots to plug in to. Why 8'? some hotel rooms still have horrible access to outlets near the bed, and those that do - sometimes are so worn out that you can't get a plug to stay in it :-(

So I have options :-)

I travel with an 8' extension cord with the end having 3 spots to plug in to. Why 8'? some hotel rooms still have horrible access to outlets near the bed, and those that do - sometimes are so worn out that you can't get a plug to stay in it :-(

So I have options :-)

My three spot extension cord is longer than yours. I also have a shorter one for the times when distance is not a factor, such as when the outlet is on the desk.