MSC Seaside May 26, 2018 Part 1

FL Sunshine

Part 1:

MSC Seaside Review May 26-June 2, 2018. Ports of call were St. Martin, Puerto Rico and Nassau.

I traveled with my husband, daughter (18) and my husband's aunt. We have all cruised before on Royal, Norwegian, Carnival and Disney. This was our first MSC cruise.

The four of us had an Aurea Grand Suite, Cabin 10001, it was all the way Forward. I already shared photos of the cabin on another post.

Also traveling was my husband's brother and sister in law. They had an Aurea Suite with a balcony on Deck 9 mid ship. This was their first cruise.

We all drove from the Tampa Bay area to Miami the day before. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Blue Lagoon in Miami. We had delicious Cuban take out from the Casa Juan Restaurant, which is in walking distance of the hotel.

Day 1 - Embarkation

We left the hotel earlier than we planned to beat the rain. It was an easy quick drive. My husband dropped us off with the luggage at Terminal F and parked the car in Garage G. Success, we all made it into the terminal before the heavy rain. This was the weekend that Tropical Storm Alberto was heading to the Gulf of Mexico.

We entered the terminal and went to the priority line for Black Card/Aurea. Security was easy. I walked through holding a bottle of water. I saw people who had cases of water and soda. I didn't notice anyone saying anything to them. We noticed the priority entrance for Yacht Club was outside of the terminal under a white tent.

Check in was quick and smooth. We received our ship cards, boarding card and bracelets. We then went to the priority waiting area to board the ship. It was a nice waiting area with water and some of the chairs had charging plugs attached under the seats. That was useful. We tried to reserve shows on the MSC App while waiting, but couldn't do that until we boarded. The App was very helpful during our cruise.

We were the first group to board. I don't recall if it was 11:30am or noon. The crew was lined up to welcome us aboard. We added our credit card at a kiosk then went to the buffet on deck 8 for lunch.

After lunch we went to the Spa to schedule our massages and check out the thermal area. Very nice!!

By this time the cabins were ready, so we went to check them out and drop off our carry ons. We met our cabin steward, named Jay from the Philippines. We had the Muster Drill, ate dinner in the Seaside Dining room which had a separate entrance for Aurea guests. Each night we went to the 8pm show in the theater.

More later Day 2, Sea Day.....

Also, I have a couple questions:

Do you recall when were the formal nights?

Did people really dress white on one night?

I think all the sea days are formal nights and people did wear white on one of those nights.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also, I have a couple questions:

Do you recall when were the formal nights?

Did people really dress white on one night?

Saturday: Embarkation

Dress: Smart Casual

Show: Frank Forever

Sunday: Sea Day

Dress: Elegant, Great Gatsby Party

Meet the Captain - Photos

Show: The Dream

Monday: Sea Day

Dress: Smart Casual, Country Western Party

Show: The Wizard

Tuesday: St. Martin

Dress: Smart Casual, White Party