Visa perks

Totally up to you, there's no right or wrong or "best" way. Personal preference.

However, if you want to purchase things pre-cruise using your points, then redeem for OBC.

It is the same amount of money, so really... whatever you prefer.

My personal experience was to use it towards my booking. I cashed points in April 2017 because they were going to expire, with the intention of applying them to my upcoming cruise (8/2018), but I wasn't 100% sure that particular cruise was going to happen for us, so I waited to use my redeemed points until September 2017 (you have 6 months to apply your redemption to your booking). In May, 2018, when I went to pay off my cruise, I discovered that my rewards credit ($300) was never applied, and had to jump through hoops to get it straightened out!

Lesson learned... any remaining points I have will be converted into on-board credit that I can hopefully track from the date of application! And from that point forward I switched credit cards to "What's in YOUR wallet" ;-)

PS ... I really hate the new website and how non-user friendly it is!!!

Annette~

• 1 month later...
How long does it take to apply to your account if you want to use the points to purchase say drink packages before you sail?

They apply the OBC redemptions in order of sailing date, so it could be weeks if your cruise is far in the future.

Backlog.

Bob's right. I use quite a few for each cruise so the backlog is mostly my fault. lol! Anyway, 45 days out or so still allows you to use them in your cruise planner. I still see all the discounts etc...

In my experience, when working with a TA that provides an OBC as an incentive, I usually advise in advance when we negotiate if I plan to use the BoA points to apply towards the discount/purchase price of the cruise as that can affect the TA's commission base which they consider when offering the OBC....

Bob's right. I use quite a few for each cruise so the backlog is mostly my fault. lol! Anyway, 45 days out or so still allows you to use them in your cruise planner. I still see all the discounts etc...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums