NCL Shore Excursion Dates

kmgl

Does anyone know from past experience approximately when NCL will have the 2006 shore excursion information available? I was told to book certain excursions early, but the NCL website is currently still showing 2005.

Thanks.

Budget Queen - Thanks, but this is my first time and I would be worried about booking independently (getting back to the ship on time etc.). Am I worrying needlessly? To book without going through the cruise line, how do I find out about the available options - go to a website for each port city?

If I wait until NCL has the 2006 listings available in March, would I risk not getting the excursions I want? In other words, if NCL's excursions that I wanted got full before I booked, do you think the independents would already be booked by that time?

Thanks for your help.

Budget Queen - Thanks, but this is my first time and I would be worried about booking independently (getting back to the ship on time etc.). Am I worrying needlessly? To book without going through the cruise line, how do I find out about the available options - go to a website for each port city?

If I wait until NCL has the 2006 listings available in March, would I risk not getting the excursions I want? In other words, if NCL's excursions that I wanted got full before I booked, do you think the independents would already be booked by that time?

Thanks for your help.

Since you ask, yes you are worrying needlessly. Independent venders in Alaska are just superb, many long time established with many many recommendations on this board.

As for considering an independent. First you have to disclose what tour you are interested in, then contact an independent. Always have your port times, and always go with the vender's recommendation for scheduling. If really concerned, plan all your touring for early in your port day, no chance of missing the ship then. :)

If you go with the ship tours- keep track of the online offerings frequently and book them when available. Flights are always in short supply, so keep that in mind.

Archived