Best Parking Option Bayonne, NJ Port

lawyer180

It is my understanding that you can park your car at the port for around $12 per day, which will total $84 for a 7 day cruise. Does anyone have any tips for a cheaper alternative, such as getting a one night stay at an economy hotel nearby which will allow you to park your car for free all week. Thanks.

We parked this past October at Bayonne. It was extremely convenient and easy to negotiate from dropping off our luggage to parking and then retrieving everything when we disembarked. Although we live within an hour's drive and do not know the motel options, the rate at Bayonne is better than the rates at Newark Airport's nearby air park facilities.

Susan

There's nothing real "close" that I can think of...

And, any other lot is probly going to be the same cost in the general vicinity...

(there's a shopping center within a mile... but, I'd think twice about leaving my car unattended for 1 week)

There's nothing real "close" that I can think of...

And, any other lot is probly going to be the same cost in the general vicinity...

(there's a shopping center within a mile... but, I'd think twice about leaving my car unattended for 1 week)

The pier area is about a mile from everything else in the area.

Currently there is no other close in parking facility area other than Newark Airport.

If you can drive to the port from home on the day of the cruise, then I would recommend parking there. The $84.00 includes taxes - it might be hard to find a motel that includes room, parking for a week, plus shuttle to the pier and back for $84.00. (I wasn't sure from your post if you need to drive there a day ahead because of distance?)

We parked at the cruise terminal lot last May and as others have mentioned, it was very convenient.

You might want to do a search on this thread. There was quite a bit of talk last summer about cars being damaged--specifically the paint and requiring detailed cleaning and/or new paint jobs after being parked here.

After reading those threads, we chose to have a car service scheduled to deliver us to and from the pier on our embarkation and disembarkation dates. The service cost us a little less than twice as much to transport from our house 30 miles away---but our car didn't need fixing/new paint job upon return from our cruise. ;)

The paint issue is seasonal....

There is a naval painting yard in an adjoining pier, and the incident's your speaking of happened in the late spring, on windy days...

The company in question recognized that their "containment" systems failed due to high winds...

I parked there for a 10 day cruise in July, and I didn't have any issues.

We have decided to use the "sleep, park & cruise" through Best Western. They have a deal that you can stay overnight and leave your car there while you cruise. They will take you to the pier and then pick you up when you return.

Archived