Review NCL Escape 6/10-17, 2018, NYC/Bermuda

DaisyL

DaisyL ~ what great information you have provided ! We've only cruised twice and pretty much went in unprepared on the first one and only slightly less unprepared on the second . I still feel like a newbi ! Could you please tell me where the drink of the day list is posted ? Are those the drinks someone brings around sometimes or do you go to the bars to get them ?

Thank you SO much for your review !!

We seek out live entertainment on our cruises and Escape did not disappoint. Especially loved District Beau, Piano Bar Entertainer, Guest Band Kartune, Howl at the Moon, and the bands, duos and single players at all the lounges, pool, and Atrium. Also liked catching shows and games in the Atrium.

83b3d6b350ba621cba390636117c4690.jpg

Beau in the District Brewhouse. Our favorite after dinner every.single.night!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Beau Tahana is awesome! We had him in the Atrium on the Getaway in 2016.

We dined one night in a MDR Savor, going about 7 pm and after waiting 5 minutes, seated by a window at a table for 2. The meal and service were very good.

We also enjoyed the desserts after dinner in all restaurants...our favorites were chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream, tiramisu, Italian cheesecake, flan with caramel sauce, raspberry Creme brûlée, chocolate layer cake....

Didn’t like the dessert in Teppanyaki plus the one bite of ice cream caused an allergic reaction in my mouth....not anyone’s fault but I should have asked for the ingredients the next day. On the other hand, I didn’t want to cause a fuss knowing it’s not dangerous or life threatening, just curious if it’s a fruit I’m not aware of. I avoid bananas, melons and raw tomatoes for the same reason.

If you avoid bananas and melons, it might also be prudent to also avoid artichoke, green peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, chamomile, echinacea and other daisies. All of these can be associated with oral allergy syndrome especially if you're allergic to ragweed. Obviously you should check with your allergist to be sure.

If you avoid bananas and melons, it might also be prudent to also avoid artichoke, green peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, chamomile, echinacea and other daisies. All of these can be associated with oral allergy syndrome especially if you're allergic to ragweed. Obviously you should check with your allergist to be sure.

Thank you for the follow up about oral allergies. Now that you mention this, I realize there may be other foods I’m allergic to. Ragweed as well as all grasses and trees are allergens for me. I will check...thank you.

DaisyL ~ what great information you have provided ! We've only cruised twice and pretty much went in unprepared on the first one and only slightly less unprepared on the second . I still feel like a newbi ! Could you please tell me where the drink of the day list is posted ? Are those the drinks someone brings around sometimes or do you go to the bars to get them ?

Thank you SO much for your review !!

You are very welcome. The drink of the day is posted in the daily newsletter but you can ask at the bars. I didn’t see them go around with drinks this cruise.

Bar waiters were always in short supply...perhaps because of the ‘free’ drink options now. We would just go to the bars, tip extra and then never had problems with service all week. We love talking to the bartenders and others at the bars anyway.

Beau Tahana is awesome! We had him in the Atrium on the Getaway in 2016.

I agree... we made sure to see Beau in the District nightly. Only disappointment was his shows end early...on Royal the piano bar entertainer end at midnight. We found ourselves going to dinner earlier so we wouldn’t miss his shows.

• 3 weeks later...