First Haven experience to Alaska on the Bliss

Cyclops32

Ask Chef Nicoloas to confirm when the Chef''s Special Crab legs will be served (he will be happy to hear his food has been complimented on CC)
I just asked about the crab legs but was told they do not know when or if the crab legs would be offered in the Haven this cruise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I just asked about the crab legs but was told they do not know when or if the crab legs would be offered in the Haven this cruise.

I recall seeing a small local seafood truck backed up to a door on the Bliss when we were in Ketchikan; I wonder if they source certain seafood when they can...

I recall seeing a small local seafood truck backed up to a door on the Bliss when we were in Ketchikan; I wonder if they source certain seafood when they can...
Could be. I did not see any trucks near the Bliss in Ketchikan so who knows. I do know if they get low on stuff they will do that from the preso we saw the other day.

Cyclops,

What cabin are you in? Can you do some investigating and find out an answer I desperately want to know. I have a 2 bedroom booked on Encore 16th deck, next to observation lounge. Do the hallways to these suites have a door that you can access the observation lounge to? From the videos I have seen, there is a main entry way from the pool area to the lounge. However, in the lounge I saw a silver steel door that looks like its the hallway to access to the suites. Does this door open to passengers or does everyone have to use the main entrances to the Haven observation lounge.

THANK YOU

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE

We have a regular cabin (not Haven) for our 7/28 sailing but your kids are the same ages as mine. Any feedback on the Kids clubs? My understanding is my daughter (11) will be in an older section than my son (9). Not sure how they will feel about being separated. Did your kids like the kids club? What about the temps of the pool - we're from Texas so my kids are used to pretty used warm pools.

Cyclops,

What cabin are you in? Can you do some investigating and find out an answer I desperately want to know. I have a 2 bedroom booked on Encore 16th deck, next to observation lounge. Do the hallways to these suites have a door that you can access the observation lounge to? From the videos I have seen, there is a main entry way from the pool area to the lounge. However, in the lounge I saw a silver steel door that looks like its the hallway to access to the suites. Does this door open to passengers or does everyone have to use the main entrances to the Haven observation lounge.

THANK YOU

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE

The Haven complex on the Bliss is 17 and 18. There is an entrance from the pool area which is the main entrance. In that hallway on 17 there is an entrance to what I call cabin row. On the other side there are stairs that goto deck 18 cabin row. Also on 17 is another entrance to the cabins on the other side of the ship.

On deck 18 you have a matching hallway as on 17. I think it is kind of funny we are in 18704 and the stairs are just to the left of our cabin and also access to the deck 18 hallway. We can also walk to cabin 18700 and 18702 and there is yet another entrance to the hallway going to the Haven oberservation lounge. Will see about grabbing some photos later

We have a regular cabin (not Haven) for our 7/28 sailing but your kids are the same ages as mine. Any feedback on the Kids clubs? My understanding is my daughter (11) will be in an older section than my son (9). Not sure how they will feel about being separated. Did your kids like the kids club? What about the temps of the pool - we're from Texas so my kids are used to pretty used warm pools.
My youngest is 9 and he is happy with it. It is mostly a repeat of what he had last year o. The Bliss.

You are correct that they will split them up. I did hear something different on this cruise compared to what others have posted. A woman asked your sane question as we started signing up. What was new is if they had a birthday on the cruise that shifted them to the next older group then they will put them in the older group at the start.

My oldest complained he didn't want to do it this cruise, but he also didn't want to do what we did so he went. He liked the first night but had more been back yet. He felt a little sea sick in Sunday so I missed Havana and let him sleep it off and yesterday we went to the Cavern club so he stayed with us. To night we are watching the glazier and he wants to see if so no splash for him tonight and he will see Jersey Boys tomorrow, and we will be in Victoria on Friday and will be out late so he may only go into it 1mote night and maybe a few more mornings and afternoons. He was Mainly playing video games in splash when he has been there

Today was nice. A bit chilly to start. We did a whale / mendenhall excursion. So 3 whales within maybe 100 yards of the boat as well as some other wild life. Mendenhall was nice too but we only had an hour there so could not go far. The big blue spot was from we were told is that a chunk just fall off recently. We ended up getting back to the ship about 30 mins before all aboard and the Pearl was already there. After lunch I went to the Haven Observation Lounge and sat there until we got to the other Glazier. No real chair hogs. On guy did go to sleep in the front row but everyone else stayed in there seats except for maybe a quick trip to get a snack from the bar in that lounge. A few people left and the seats were open. The upper level again only had a single person up there for most of the afternoon. When we got close to the glazier was the busiest but there were still good seats to be found. A few people sat on the floor too right up against the glass and off to the side so to not block any few from those in seats.

Now my two complaints as you can see from the photos below. If you notice the metal glass frame is right at a seating few height so you cannot really look forward.

Complaint #2 which you can see below is the angle of the glass with the busy carpet pattern. That with just a little fog basically did not let you see much because the pattern reflection in the glass.

One thing to say on the positive side is that the ship got closer then I thought it would. We past several decent sized icebergs and it was not until we hit a bunch of ice. If you look closely you can see the small boat that took some people on the excursion that ends by docking with the Bliss there.

One other note. It appears that they may not in force the +16 on the Haven sun deck while at the glazier. Was talking to another family and they did take there kids out there for a while and no one challenged them. 20180626_155413.thumb.jpg.9c963f7aeeb6a308151817f15d9cfea7.jpg

20180626_182217.thumb.jpg.0402afd451cf284073c7c3067147f851.jpg

20180626_110823.thumb.jpg.e86f5373d4c130f673cab4cd95c7a606.jpg

20180626_140328.thumb.jpg.e05524285ee27e7329af9052af078b38.jpg

The Haven complex on the Bliss is 17 and 18. There is an entrance from the pool area which is the main entrance. In that hallway on 17 there is an entrance to what I call cabin row. On the other side there are stairs that goto deck 18 cabin row. Also on 17 is another entrance to the cabins on the other side of the ship.

On deck 18 you have a matching hallway as on 17. I think it is kind of funny we are in 18704 and the stairs are just to the left of our cabin and also access to the deck 18 hallway. We can also walk to cabin 18700 and 18702 and there is yet another entrance to the hallway going to the Haven oberservation lounge. Will see about grabbing some photos later

THANK YOU for this. I booked deck 17 next to the observation lounge. I see a silver door inside the lounge that I am guessing goes to the hallway to the cabins. However, I did not know if its open for passengers and not crew only. Hope you are having a great time!!!!

Cyclops, which excursion was the Whale/Mendenhall? The boat/big bus?

Any feedback about how swimmable the Haven pool is? Cold/reasonable water? Dome closed & warm inside courtyard?

thanks!

Any feedback about how swimmable the Haven pool is? Cold/reasonable water? Dome closed & warm inside courtyard?

thanks!

A bunch of people have been in the Haven Pool and the cover has been closed the whole time. Several kids have been in the outdoor pools each day. One girls I heard saying the weather out of the water was chilly but liked not having a line for the slides.

thanks!

Just noticed I did not answer the other question a out the excursion. We booked that thru "shore trips" and was called whale watching and mendenhall

THANK YOU for this. I booked deck 17 next to the observation lounge. I see a silver door inside the lounge that I am guessing goes to the hallway to the cabins. However, I did not know if its open for passengers and not crew only. Hope you are having a great time!!!!

Deck 17 is perfect; good call. We were in 18126 (Port side in the rear of the Haven) and there was a lot of service door slamming (across the hall and at the end of the hall) and a lot lot lot of public sun deck noise above at all hours.

TRUE. The Designers blew it on the carpet in the Haven Lounge. The reflection of the 'pretty' pattern in the carpet reflects up on the front observation glass and is indeed very distracting.

TRUE. The Designers blew it on the carpet in the Haven Lounge. The reflection of the 'pretty' pattern in the carpet reflects up on the front observation glass and is indeed very distracting.

I wonder if there would be a way to correct this, maybe some type of anti reflective film over the glass??:confused:

Question? Am I reading it correcting that you went to Juneau first then left early and went to Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier? We sail in September and it is reversed with Sawyer Glacier int he morning and arriving in Juneau at 2pm and leave at 10 pm.

Question? Am I reading it correcting that you went to Juneau first then left early and went to Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier? We sail in September and it is reversed with Sawyer Glacier int he morning and arriving in Juneau at 2pm and leave at 10 pm.
That is correct Juneau first and then went to Dawes glacier. Go to the glacier around 6-6:30. Did the 540 degree spin so everyone could get a good view a d started leaving around 7.

If this is the door you are talking about then it has a Handicap bathroom behind it and the part of the door you see behind the glass door in the picture does go to the cabin hallway on the port side. The bathroom. Is also he hind this glass door but to the left20180626_160706.thumb.jpg.e5041a51b036c492289ad7dcab06eac6.jpg

Deck 17 is perfect; good call. We were in 18126 (Port side in the rear of the Haven) and there was a lot of service door slamming (across the hall and at the end of the hall) and a lot lot lot of public sun deck noise above at all hours.

I’m in 18126 next week, thankfully I sleep through everything! Do you have a pic of the balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are 17704 in August. How is the view from the balcony? I wasn't sure if the other side of the ship had better views or if they were basically the same.

We are 17704 in August. How is the view from the balcony? I wasn't sure if the other side of the ship had better views or if they were basically the same.
I like the view. Not as great as the aft which I prefer but nice. I picked starboard since I figured a good part of the trip we will see the mainland part. On the way north we always were in site of land... On the horizon but could still see it. A few times some of the islands were closer. I assume they may be a bit further out on the way back but we will see tomorrow.

The one plus atleast on this cruise is they spun towards port at Dawes Glacier so our side got direct shots of the glacier twice

If this is the door you are talking about then it has a Handicap bathroom behind it and the part of the door you see behind the glass door in the picture does go to the cabin hallway on the port side. The bathroom. Is also he hind this glass door but to the left[ATTACH]424304[/ATTACH]

Wow, I cant thank you enough. Talk about the modern world to get my own personal investigator with photos!!!!

The door says emergency exit. So I wonder if they want passengers using this door to enter and exit the observation lounge? The reason I ask this is I have 17100 booked on Encore which is the forward end suite on the port side. I just thought it would be nice to have the observation lounge next to you and have easy access but I was not sure if that door was allowed to be used for normal traffic.

Thanks again. If we are ever on the same cruise, I will buy you a drink :*