First Haven experience to Alaska on the Bliss

Cyclops32

I’m in 18126 next week, thankfully I sleep through everything! Do you have a pic of the balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are going to have an amazing experience! I do not have any photos of the balcony. It is very long (wide), but not very deep (probably standard balcony depth). You can look down into the balcony below which is deeper. There is an overhead light, 2 chairs and a cocktail table. You may need to slouch in the chair in order to avoid the top of the railing blocking your view. It is not a quiet balcony as ping pong is constantly played just next door on down on deck 17.

You are going to have an amazing experience! I do not have any photos of the balcony. It is very long (wide), but not very deep (probably standard balcony depth). You can look down into the balcony below which is deeper. There is an overhead light, 2 chairs and a cocktail table. You may need to slouch in the chair in order to avoid the top of the railing blocking your view. It is not a quiet balcony as ping pong is constantly played just next door on down on deck 17.

St Louis, that's for Cy PH or for the 2-BR?

Wow, I cant thank you enough. Talk about the modern world to get my own personal investigator with photos!!!!

The door says emergency exit. So I wonder if they want passengers using this door to enter and exit the observation lounge? The reason I ask this is I have 17100 booked on Encore which is the forward end suite on the port side. I just thought it would be nice to have the observation lounge next to you and have easy access but I was not sure if that door was allowed to be used for normal traffic.

Thanks again. If we are ever on the same cruise, I will buy you a drink :*

That is just an emergency route to muster stations. That door also has the only access to the restroom. You will notice other emergency exits with crew only signs too. Those are the ones you should avoid unless a true emergency. There are a lots of "secret" doors that are not mark but with emergency exits. If you ask the crew about them they will say you can use them. One example is the backdoor into the Haven restaurant. No need to leave the restaurant go down to 17 and exit the Haven. Use the backdoor after eating and you are existing right into the deck 18 forward elevator lobby.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I’m in 18126 next week, thankfully I sleep through everything! Do you have a pic of the balcony?

Hopefully you can post a picture of the length of the balcony that appears to be much longer. In September we will be just below your cabin in 17126.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Hopefully you can post a picture of the length of the balcony that appears to be much longer. In September we will be just below your cabin in 17126.

Enjoy your cruise!!

I’ll lean over and snap a pic!

lol, Don't lean over too far ;) :D Actually I just wanted a picture of the length of your balcony :) since that will be the same as the cabin below.

I heard the 17000s were bigger than the 18000

That is just an emergency route to muster stations. That door also has the only access to the restroom. You will notice other emergency exits with crew only signs too. Those are the ones you should avoid unless a true emergency. There are a lots of "secret" doors that are not mark but with emergency exits. If you ask the crew about them they will say you can use them. One example is the backdoor into the Haven restaurant. No need to leave the restaurant go down to 17 and exit the Haven. Use the backdoor after eating and you are existing right into the deck 18 forward elevator lobby.

Thank you again for all these wonderful tips.

lol, Don't lean over too far ;) :D Actually I just wanted a picture of the length of your balcony :) since that will be the same as the cabin below.

a660c9ce806280b6631ca722c4e6488a.jpg7af75aa895128fcdb785793cbeb879f7.jpg

Ok so 1st is 18126, it’s skinny but long! Longer the room. 2nd is yours down at 17126, it’s shorter in length but deeper!

Ok so 1st is 18126, it’s skinny but long! Longer the room. 2nd is yours down at 17126, it’s shorter in length but deeper!

Thanks [emoji1303][emoji3]. Definitely bigger balconies in those cabins. We had only done Haven once before and it was in the Jewel. But normally have the deck 10 aft suites on Jewel Class. We prefer the bigger balcony. I think we will really love the Bliss .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey, that's my old cabin! How are you enjoying it? Tip, if you need any more outlets, Judy will bring you an NCL approved extension cord.

Hey, that's my old cabin! How are you enjoying it? Tip, if you need any more outlets, Judy will bring you an NCL approved extension cord.

Loving it! I’m sleeping on the chair bed but the mattress is sooo hard so Judy is going to bring me an egg crate thing to try tonight. She and Jennifer are fantastic. This is our first time on Norwegian and 1st suite experience.

How would you compare Bliss Haven to Escape Haven? I have only sailed once on NCL and it was in the Escape Haven. Have a great cruise!

A world of difference. For the better, if you can believe it. Except for the restroom to the right of the Concierge desk. It is gender neutral/ handicapped accessible. Awful. But really funny to watch people try to figure out which button to push and stand there for 10 seconds “while the wheelchair comes in” before starting to close.

While I have no issues with gender, I would prefer a bathroom where my pants’ legs didn’t have to wipe the “misses” of the standers before me. :o

For me the only real difference I saw between the escape and Bliss was the Horizon lounge and the bigger sundeck. I did like having the forward facing view without glass but did not get to use it much with the new rule of no kids.

I like the view. Not as great as the aft which I prefer but nice. I picked starboard since I figured a good part of the trip we will see the mainland part. On the way north we always were in site of land... On the horizon but could still see it. A few times some of the islands were closer. I assume they may be a bit further out on the way back but we will see tomorrow.

The one plus atleast on this cruise is they spun towards port at Dawes Glacier so our side got direct shots of the glacier twice

I am Cyclops wife, will share my photos that I took from the balcony when we get home. They are all on my camera.

L

• 3 weeks later...

Following, we are in the Haven June 2019 in the 2 bedroom. Regarding your picture in bedroom 2.....does that actually make a double if needed? We were in the Haven on the Escape Fall 2017 and that bedroom slept 3 albeit very crowded.

• 2 months later...