Quick Seaside Observations (YC) from mid-June

helenb

- Gelato is wonderful! The gelato bars are supposed to be included in the YC package, but they would only give them to us at the Deck 16 gelato place. At the South Beach pool they argued with us and said they were a charge and it wasn't worth the fuss.

- Crepes are NOT included. They are also at the South Beach pool, where they wanted to charge me for everything except straight gelato.

Thats odd. I was YC on the 5/26/18 sailing. I ate tons of gelato and crepes from the south beach area. I just had them scan my wristband and I was never charged. I never asked if it was included or not. I just assumed it was and I never got charged.

Can I ask what shows are "must see" and which are "don't bother"? Also did you dress for any of the parties and what are the themes? I know there's Gatsby and I guess a white party? One more thing, did you get the internet package? Thinking I may need to at least for my 17 & 20 year olds!

Can I ask what shows are "must see" and which are "don't bother"? Also did you dress for any of the parties and what are the themes? I know there's Gatsby and I guess a white party? One more thing, did you get the internet package? Thinking I may need to at least for my 17 & 20 year olds!

We didn't do any of the theme nights. Honestly, I'm not even sure when they were. We didn't hear much about them.

The Timeless show was clearly the best show of the cruise (if you like Michael Jackson). We really enjoyed Beerprov. The other main theatre shows were all okay. The Broadway show was not very good, as it had almost no Broadway music, therefore we felt a bit disappointed, since it wasn't what was billed. The Frank Sinatra show was fine, but less enjoyable than we had anticipated, because of the song choices.

For internet, we had the streamer plus package and when we bought it, it was 1800 MB, but somehow we ended up with 6,000 MB to share. It was extremely generous and the service was very good. We were able to do a LOT (and our kids played mobile games too) and still didn't use up the entire package. The internet is worth paying for, if you need it.

• 1 month later...

Late to the game but this is a fabulous review. Thank you for posting it. We are booked in a similar room as a family of four. The MSC rep reluctantly booked us in a room with a sofa bed and Pullman bed like this but said we might be bumped from it if a true family of 5 requests a room. Now I am considering adding a phantom Grandma, which my kids think is hysterical and cancelling right before final payment as I love my son dearly but don't want to spend a week sleeping next to him on the sofa pullout while my daughter and wife share the bed.

Not sure why some cruise lines don't get the concept of offering a split bed set up for passengers 3 and 4 if you have a teen boy and girl. Guess they are trying to sell an extra room, which btw I recently discovered might only be a few hundred $ more on some lines (balcony + inside across the hall).

Anyway, what was your kids' impressions of the activities? The slides and waterpark are what my kids are most interested in. We had such a good time on the Carnival Vista this past week that all they talk about is that and the SkyRide and Ropes Course. Thanks!

Not sure why some cruise lines don't get the concept of offering a split bed set up for passengers 3 and 4 if you have a teen boy and girl. Guess they are trying to sell an extra room, which btw I recently discovered might only be a few hundred $ more on some lines (balcony + inside across the hall).

On Seaside, it depends on the type of sofa-bed....

de3be1dfde55f9517c3a65267d84e781.jpg

...some non-YC staterooms have these which work better for siblings.

Maybe if enough people bring it to MSC's attention, the upcoming Seaside EVO ship will have something like this in the Yacht Club.