Unlimited drinks free!

susan1957

I think that the bartender just gave you incorrect info.

Certainly, with the UBP there is (or at least was) the ability to purchase drinks even if you have the package. You can, for example, buy a friend a drink using your card if you want to.

I don't see any reason why the same can't be done with the soda package. Maybe there is some reason, but my guess is that there was some misunderstanding or mistake.

You edited out the important part of the post you replied to. The bartender was correct.

As lulu stated in her post, canned soda is not part of the soda package, only fountain soda. The bartender was saying that she could not purchase a can of soda, the bartender was correctly saying that the can of soda could not be purchased with the package.

Lulu did not have to get her husband's card to buy the can of soda, she could have just purchased the can on her own card.

OK...TAKE THE 200 EXCURSION CREDIT OFF...AND THEY ARE THE SAME...so again...where's the deal with NCL's "free drinks".... Actually Carnival's is better deal as they offer all SUPERIOR ALCOHOL...bottled water, specialty coffee's canned pop....vitamin waters....gatorade...etc. etc. etc....
Based on your research of the pros and cons of NCL versus Carnival, it certainly looks like Carnival is the cruise line for you. Research is a good thing.

You edited out the important part of the post you replied to. The bartender was correct.

As lulu stated in her post, canned soda is not part of the soda package, only fountain soda. The bartender was saying that she could not purchase a can of soda, the bartender was correctly saying that the can of soda could not be purchased with the package.

Lulu did not have to get her husband's card to buy the can of soda, she could have just purchased the can on her own card.

No misunderstanding. I was very clear and so was the bartender. He told me I could get a can of soda if I went to my room and got one out of the mini bar. He said he was not allowed to sell a can of soda to someone who has a soda card. Went rounds and rounds with him. Said it made no sense because if I’m allowed to have a soda charge on my account from mini bar why can’t I have a soda can charge from the bar? He said he knows it sounds stupid but he could not sell me a can on a card that has soda package printed on it. He was happy to sell me a can with my husband’s card, his other suggestion, which imo seems more rule breaking. I honestly would have gone back to room for the cans but I had drained the mini bar the day before and wasn’t sure if it had been restocked yet. Didn’t want to waste all that time to come up empty. If it was anywhere except Iceland, and the fact we were going on a long day drive to parts unknown, I’d have purchased once off the ship. I did actually find it available at around $8/can somewhere along the way. Bottom line though is that I’d love for the people making up these beverage packages and rules to actually have to vacation with them. The non drinking passengers should be adddressed. Imo it’s an untapped extra source of income for Ncl.