Time to kill in LA

Griff61

Can the knowledgeable people here give me some suggestions as what 6 people could do to kill time while waiting to fly out of LAX ?

We arrive in LB at 9am from our Carnival cruise to Mexico. We have a flight booked from LAX to Canada leaving at 5:15pm . I know we will need to be at LAX 2 1/2 hrs before the flight but trying to find something to do before that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also this is at the beginning of November

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Can the knowledgeable people here give me some suggestions as what 6 people could do to kill time while waiting to fly out of LAX ?

We arrive in LB at 9am from our Carnival cruise to Mexico. We have a flight booked from LAX to Canada leaving at 5:15pm . I know we will need to be at LAX 2 1/2 hrs before the flight but trying to find something to do before that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also this is at the beginning of November

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

There are several things you could do, depending on what you want do or like to do...

But, first, the biggest hurdle you'll have is what to do with your luggage. LAX won't let you check in your luggage until three hours before flight time...

So, you're best option might be to rent a large van for the day--pick up in Long Beach, drop off at

LAX--something large enough to hold the six of you and all that luggage...

OR, there are luggage storage facilities NEAR LAX...like this one:

http://www.lax247lockerrentals.com/locker-sizes-and-rates

Problem is that it will cost $24 for the day for a locker large enough to hold about one suitcase...and, it's not easy to get to and from LAX--"near" is not "at"...

I have also read that the Aquarium of the Pacific--if you want to spend your day visiting that--will hold your luggage...but I'd call to make sure first...

Another possibility is to arrange a tour with Sunseeker Tours--they will hold your luggage on the bus and drop you and your luggage off at LAX at the end of the tour...You might have to arrange a custom tour to get to that 5:15 flight...

https://sunseekertours.com/

Sunseeker is the only major, reputable tour company HQ'd in Long Beach--and does pick-ups right off the ship...

If you do get a rental...or find a reasonable way to store your luggage, you might consider spending your time in Venice Beach/Santa Monica--reasonably close to LAX...lots to see and do. Venice Boardwalk is busier in the summer--when the weather is really good...but it's actually a nice visit all the time. Santa Monica has the Third Street Promenade, the Santa Monica Pier and Palisades Park--all good for a nice stroll, stopping for a drink or a bite to eat...and some very attractive scenery...

Good luck...