Best snorkeling locations accessed from the beach, on our own?

The Fun Researcher

Thinking of renting a car while in port and doing a self tour of Bonaire. We're in port from 9am - 8pm so a nice long day. We have our own snorkeling gear and would love some recommendations of locations that can be accessed right from a beach that we can drive to.

I've read a little about Eden Beach and Plaza beach but would like to know if there are better locations.

Thank you!

Dan

If you have all day and a car, I would go to Thousand Steps (North of town) and drive South along the coast where there's lots of great snorkeling. Directly across from the airport is Donkey beach. There's a fantastic food truck there, too. Further South, there's a road on the right that leads to Sorobon, but don't take that road and Bachelor's beach will be on your right. It's a nice drive past the salt pans, but I wouldn't snorkel past Bachelor's beach because the water gets rougher the further you go.

If you keep going, you'll end up at Sorobon which is also a great place to snorkel but you need to know where to go. The mangroves is also wonderful, but you may not want to take a rental car down that road, but if you have a truck you'll be OK. I'm working on a map of things for cruise ship passengers to do, I need to add more snorkel spots, but here's what I have so far. https://tropicofdestiny.com/cruise/