Share a cabin with strangers??? Please say it isn't so.

*Candy*

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise in April w/ RCI (Nassau/Coco Cay/Key West). We're very excited. :)

However, my hairstylist warned me yesterday that the cruise line might try to cram another couple in our cabin. Is this true? She has never been on a cruise so I hope like heck she doesn't know what she's talking about. I can't imagine sharing a cabin with strangers.

The description on the website said "up to 2 people" but it also said "will fit 3 or 4". ????

Please tell me my hairstylist is wrong!!!

If you book a Cabin it is you Cabin. Only times I have ever heardof people sharing a cabin with a stranger is when they book at a single rate and it is cheaper then getting a cabin by themselves, they will get a roommate! I know a lady that did this all the time! Always had nice people that she had to share with!

That is just too wild! Where did your hairdresser ever get that idea....

Like the previous poster said, only if you book a "share" cabin as a single to avoid paying the rate for a double would they ever put a stranger in with you.

Dontcha just love information from people who have never had experience?!

What she is reading is that most cabins accomodate 2, but some can accomodate 3 or 4. Never would they book 2 couples (strangers) into the same cabin, it would be a horrible error. Her confusion may come from the fact that you may be seated with strangers at dinner, that is common.

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic, so misinformation can be corrected and discussed.

But, don't feel bad, I've had people say to me that everyone gets norovirus on a cruise and that it is even part of terrorists methods of trying to kill off Americans! I've only been on 8 cruises, no norovirus for me or anyone in my family yet. Yes, it does happen to a small fraction of the pax and crew on occassion, just like it does at office buildings, hotels, schools, anywhere else you have people together.

Candy --

I'm willing to give your hairdresser the benefit of the doubt. I think she's mixing up concepts. Your cabin should be your own. However, you will probably have to share a dining room table with strangers / potential new friends. In a traditional dining setting you are assigned a dining time & table. You eat there every night with the same assigned people.

Enjoy your cruise.

That is hilarious!:D That hairdresser must have been inhaling too much hairspray! I can't even imagine how she could come up with something like that.

Now quit worrying and picture you and BF having your own private cabin. Bon Voyage!

Hola Candy,

Darn! I've been on 3 cruises and it has always been with my DW only. I think that it would be fun to have perfect strangers in my cabin, but I have always been a people person.:D

Questions for your new roomies.

#1 Do you snore?

#2 Do you pull covers?

#3 Have you always had that tattoo?

#4 Is that my toothbrush?

#5 Is that my thong or yours?

Hola Candy,

Darn! I've been on 3 cruises and it has always been with my DW only. I think that it would be fun to have perfect strangers in my cabin, but I have always been a people person.:D

Questions for your new roomies.

#1 Do you snore?

#2 Do you pull covers?

#3 Have you always had that tattoo?

#4 Is that my toothbrush?

#5 Is that my thong or yours?

ROTFLMAO!! This is just too funny!

Hello,

For your piece of mind call the cruise line directly and verify that you have a cabin for your family only. Do this soon so that the cruise line can make changes in order to ensure that only you and your DH are in the cabin. Also, on some cruise lines the cabins that can accomodate a 3rd and 4th person are larger.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

No really I am not trying to be rude here,

This is the (best, worst, funniest, strangest...take your pick) question I have read so far...........:D

I have to agree with Happy ks, I love the things people who have never been on a cruise know...........:rolleyes:

I give you lot's of credit for asking the question, that's what everyone is here for.

Really, there is no need to call the cruise line and ask......you will NOT have strangers in your cabin........................(excuse me, what did you say your name was? Oh, it's Beatrice? OK, well then would you mind scootching over just a little so I can get my rear end in the bed.

.....my hairstylist warned me yesterday that the cruise line might try to cram another couple in our cabin. Is this true? She has never been on a cruise so I hope like heck she doesn't know what she's talking about. I can't imagine sharing a cabin with strangers.

Please tell me my hairstylist is wrong!!!

I think you had you leg pulled....and she got you good...:D

Yes - perhaps she was playing an early April Fool's joke on you.

The only cruise line I could even think this might happen on is EasyCruise who recently began sailings in the Caribbean. They are a no-frills line with bright orange decor. From their website description they function more like a ferry. On those lines you have to pay for maid service!!

Darn! I've been on 5 cruises and it has always been with my DW only. I think that it would be fun to have perfect strangers in my cabin if it was a hot female, but I have always been a people person.:D Now my wife would probably prefer a hot guy. lol;)

Lon

Darn! I've been on 5 cruises and it has always been with my DW only. I think that it would be fun to have perfect strangers in my cabin if it was a hot female, but I have always been a people person.:D Now my wife would probably prefer a hot guy. lol;)

Lon

Yo Lon,

What is a hot female? As we say in Espanol," Tengo muchos anos y no recuerdo mucho." I would be happy if my room mates were just breathing. After 35 years of marriage you would think that you could get time off for good behavior.

This may surprise you all, but friends of ours were in a 4-berth cabin with another couple they didn't know. We are in the throes of booking a cruise to Alaska and this was the reason I asked for a 2-berth cabin. Since reading all your replies though, I've checked with the agent and she said this would not happen, so it was useful to read this. As I said to her, maybe the system is different in New Zealand!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived