Information on the HAL Veendam

Sandy4

After much consideration, we have chosen the Southbound Glacier Discovery Cruise on the Veendam. We chose it because it travels through Glacier Bay, stops in Sitka, and travels the Inside Passage. From my reading, all three of these things seem to be the cream of an Alaskan Cruise. Is this route any better than just doing the Inside Passage? Also, does anyone know anything about the exercise facilities on The Veendam? Thank you.

After much consideration, we have chosen the Southbound Glacier Discovery Cruise on the Veendam. We chose it because it travels through Glacier Bay, stops in Sitka, and travels the Inside Passage. From my reading, all three of these things seem to be the cream of an Alaskan Cruise. Is this route any better than just doing the Inside Passage? Also, does anyone know anything about the exercise facilities on The Veendam? Thank you.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=39

fitnessandrecreation.gif

"The spa has the usual range of Steiner treatments and products; there are men's and women's saunas and steam rooms, a juice bar and salon/barber shop, and a fully equipped gym plus aerobics classes and a jogging track. The ship also has two practice tennis courts and Jacuzzis adjoining the Lido pool. A smaller pool on the Navigation deck is less crowded and attracted sunbathers and families."

Sandy,

The Veendam is going into drydock, and the spa/fitness room is being re-done. We were told on my recent Veendam cruise that the fitness facilities will be expanded and upgraded.

Sitka is my favorite Alaskan port...can't go wrong there.

Roz

I think that when the current cruise ends, she goes to her drydock. The spa/gym facilities will be upgraded.

We were on Veendam in January and used the gym regularly and it was sufficient for our needs and after drydock, it will be even better.

Archived