Question on Child Seat for 3 yr old - FLL

Ca5ualCrui5er

Hello, I will be on Fort Lauderdale for a cruise and will arrive 1.5 days before departure. I was wondering if I should rent a car for 4+baby (around $120) or do the little travel planned around by taxi/shuttle/uber.

Do others have experience of traveling with a 3yo and not having issues because of the car seat. Do private companies provide a child seat? Or is it too limited and better to rent car and take a child seat with me.

With only one full day prior to the cruise it seems the money and time spent to pick/drop the car will be overkill. Any ideas?

Take your own seat and rent a car. I think there is an Enterprise car rental drop off right across 17th from the cruise port. Seats from rental agencies are sketchy at best. If your seat is ginormous and heavy (think Britax or other high end seats), you could always buy a Cosco Scenera for the trip. They are really lightweight and cost about $40 at WalMart. I used one for our kids strictly as a travel seat. It was worth it for the 20 lb weight difference. Bonus- install it on the airplane seat as well and your kid is safer and contained. ;)

With a 3 year old do what works out best for you. We have done it several ways...taken a carseat to use onboard carrier (Safety 1st 65 approved for air travel and light)...used the CARES system....rented from Budget and got a great included carseat..sanitized wrapped in plastic and the date on it hadn't expired... used a private company South Florida Shuttles http://www.shouthfloridashuttles.com that included a carseat. Lots of options for you to consider.

Thanks Cedarmom, Ashland

I was trying to avoid carrying the car seat because for 1 day of use it seemed like a hassle.

But Enterprise is quite near the hotel and I also just realized the Suntrolley goes by our hotel, so will into this options.

Thanks Cedarmom, Ashland

I was trying to avoid carrying the car seat because for 1 day of use it seemed like a hassle.

But Enterprise is quite near the hotel and I also just realized the Suntrolley goes by our hotel, so will into this options.

You're so very welcome...best of luck in choosing what works best for you and your little one.