Just Back From Seaside Any Questions?

Greyhound Mother

Hello all. If anybody has any questions on Seaview, let me know. I travelled with my husband and no children, so can’t necessarily answer anything related to the kids activities etc, but we were first time cruisers and have found this forum really useful for advice. So if I can help anybody else, the. I’ll try ;)

Can admin change the header, just realised I’ve put Seaside, doh!

Edited by Greyhound Mother
Wrong header!

Hello all. If anybody has any questions on Seaview, let me know. I travelled with my husband and no children, so can’t necessarily answer anything related to the kids activities etc, but we were first time cruisers and have found this forum really useful for advice. So if I can help anybody else, the. I’ll try ;)

Can admin change the header, just realised I’ve put Seaside, doh!

Hi we’re traveling Seaview in a week!

I hope you had a great time!

We leave from Barcelona…

Did you do excursions in each port or explore on your own? I know it’s subjective but would you recommend one port over another to do the ships (or private) excursions? We won’t be taking them on all five stops and I am trying to decide where we should spend our money (We are also traveling with our college age daughters who will not be keen to get off the ship early each morning LOL)! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi we’re traveling Seaview in a week!

I hope you had a great time!

We leave from Barcelona…

Did you do excursions in each port or explore on your own? I know it’s subjective but would you recommend one port over another to do the ships (or private) excursions? We won’t be taking them on all five stops and I am trying to decide where we should spend our money (We are also traveling with our college age daughters who will not be keen to get off the ship early each morning LOL)! Thanks!!

Hi!

We stayed a couple of days before in Barcelona and enjoyed that, we visited the Sagrada Familia which is fab.

We pre booked a trip through MSC for Naples to visit Pompeii and from Genoa to Portofino. They were both early starts (8:15) and if I’m honest we weren’t impressed.

We’ve always wanted to go to Pompeii and the trip organisation on the ship was pretty chaotic tbh. The actual trip was a shame in that the guide was very knowledgeable, but the party was 47 people and we were given headsets that sadly didn’t work, so none of us could really hear her. She admitted that the system was very old. I did complain afterwards and the excursion team made a note, but I’m not sure if it will change.

Others on board hired a taxi to take the and wait for them which I think they said was about 100 Euros? You just wouldn’t get the guide.

The Portofino trip was ‘ok’. It was a busy boat and about an hour trip there, you couldn’t hear the commentary above the ships engine and we were downstairs as the upstairs got full quickly. Once there we had about and hour and a half to walk round then got the boat back. A pretty expensive boat ride really, but Portofino is lovely.

We booked a walking tour via Viator for Messina and that was the best trip. The tour was 2 hours and we were met at ten thirty by a lovely guide and there was just the 2 of us. She was amazing, her couple was Discover Messina I think, but it was only about £17 each.

We didn’t get off in Messina and we did the hop on hop off bus tour in Malta for 20 Euros.

I hope the organisation of the tours gets a bit better, it may just be a new team or them ironing the teething problems out.

Enjoy!

We pre booked a trip through MSC for Naples to visit Pompeii and from Genoa to Portofino. They were both early starts (8:15) and if I’m honest we weren’t impressed.

Thank you for the review.

At what time did you arrive in Naples ?

I am sailing on MSC Seaview in September and as per itinerary the arrival in Naples is at 1:00pm (13:00).

I have booked the 4-hour Pompeii tour.

I am sailing on MSC Seaview in September and as per itinerary the arrival in Naples is at 1:00pm (13:00).

Thanks greyhound mother for your comments re excursions and like sirwolf we arrive at 1pm - I think after your comments we might just do the taxi and tour Pompeii ourselves or I have seen some private tours offered!!

Hello what were the dining options available?

Hi, the dining options were the two buffet restaurants, lovely food, but crazy busy.

We were allocated the early dining in one of the main dining rooms (sliver dolphin), that was 18:15. The food was lovely, not massive portions, but you can order more than one dish from each course.

The other options are the signature restaurants, but you do need to pay extra for those. We tried the Butchers Cut steak restaurant. We have the dining experience and it was a amazing. If you think you like the look of them, it’s maybe worth prebuying the 3 dining experience as it was a lot more on board.

Sorry! Yes it was an afternoon embarkation. I think we had to meet in the theatre at 12:15.