NCL Getaway, Dec 6 (Caribbean)

FamilyMan10

Hello everyone we are a young couple from Wisconsin and we booked this cruise for our honeymoon. This would be my fourth time cruising with NCL and my wife’s first time. This will also be our first time on the Getaway. So any advice on good shows to see or great excursions to do while on these ports would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance and see you all on the ship.

We just returned from the W. Caribbean cruise on the Getaway in June. If you got the specialty dining package, book your specialty dining as soon as you can, I think it's 90 days out. Otherwise, you're stuck with 9:30pm reservations. We ate at Cagney's, Ocean Blue, and the Sushi place. All were great, and we were super full afterward. What kind of cruiser are you? My husband and I are in our 30s and had a blast people watching on the pool deck. We were a little disappointed with the size of the ONLY adult pool, but made do. Got any other pressing questions? I could write more, but not sure what you want to hear about.

If you got the specialty dining package, book your specialty dining as soon as you can, I think it's 90 days out. Otherwise, you're stuck with 9:30pm reservations.

Not true. Not all reservation times are released online. You can make reservations for almost any time you want as soon as you board.

Not true. Not all reservation times are released online. You can make reservations for almost any time you want as soon as you board.

They only pre-book about 40% capacity of the restaurants this will give others a chance to book when they are on board. They some times set up restaurant booking in the terminal while you are waiting to board.

We were told the same thing, but this was not our experience in June. We booked 2 of the 3 in advance and planned to book the last reservation once on board. Once we got on board on the first day, the only reservations available were 9:30pm reservations. Thankfully the sushi restaurant was excellent and didn't accept reservations.

Not sure which itinerary you have but we were on Getaway last December and you can find our details here https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/. I’ve included restaurant reviews, lots of pictures, menus, videos etc. i also outlined our port stops/excursions and included links for all. Lastly; there is a second in tech and tools that we took that you may find helpful. Have a wonderful time! Getaway is our favorite ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums