Beverage Package upgrade and the dreaded VAT

hillsprint

Actually, it is the Italian rules I am asking about, we sail out of Civitavecchia, but as you correctly highlight all ports are within the EU.

Still no reply from O.

Sorry, I thought it had already been established that Italy had not been collecting the extra Vat.

Does your cruise stop at a Free Port such as Malta or Monte Carlo?

ToxM

Thank you for your reply, but as has been stated we are talking about cruises that stay within EU ports, to be clear my cruise only goes to Italian and French ports.

We seem to have established that such cruises from an Italian port does not incur VAT on alcohol. However, as yet O have not confirmed this to me. A similar cruise from a Spanish port appears to attract VAT at a certain rate on alcohol, but again we await confirmation from O, which really they should be able to indicate before a cruise.

Sorry, I thought it had already been established that Italy had not been collecting the extra Vat.

Does your cruise stop at a Free Port such as Malta or Monte Carlo?

Malta is in the EU. I know for a fact as the EU paid my fees for some legal work I did there.

Variation on a theme:

We will soon be sailing from New York. We did not choose the O-life/airfare/etc option because we don't need flights and will have more than enough OBC to pay for the beverage package.

Our intention was to purchase the beverage package as soon as we board. If we do so, will we get charged NY sales tax?