What to wear in MDR on NON-formal nights

Crusin115

Can anyone give me tips on what to wear in the MDR on NON formal nights? Thank you!

The same thing you might wear to a restaurant in your hometown..no need to worry about this..even on formal nights the dress is suggested never mandatory and you'll find a wide range of attire nightly...enjoy your cruise.

While we did Carnival, not Princess, it seems the dress in Alaska is still more casual than other locations. I know for me, personally, it was due to the fact that we were packing for almost 2 weeks, with the colder temps more common. We spent 4 days in Seattle before our cruise, then the cruise itself. So we had a lot of things to layer for the colder weather, and the outdoor activities we were doing. I often wore jeans with a nice top/sweater cardigan and nicer sandals on the non-formal nights. Never looked or felt out of place and was pretty much what others were wearing. We saw wayyy... more casual than that though on many others.

I will be wearing jeans and long sleeve tops and some flats. Hubby will wear the same, with boat shoes.

You'll be totally fine! That was really about the norm we saw on our cruise. Many people said trying to pack so much stuff was hard, just not enough room, and the clothes are bulkier. It's a lot easier for the Caribbean! Some sandals, shorts, and a bunch of sundresses and you're set for that weather! :) Much more weather changes in Alaska.

We like to dress up some each night. I wear dress capris, dressy tops, maybe a cardigan & sandals or flats. My husband wears dress pants & either a polo or a shirt & tie. He wears a suit on elegant night & I wear a cocktail dress. You will see passengers dressed in all different ways !

We like to dress up some each night. I wear dress capris, dressy tops, maybe a cardigan & sandals or flats.

I do on a Caribbean one, but it was too chilly on the Alaska one for me to wear capris, except maybe once. And I brought several pairs that I could have left at home. I was a little too optimistic for some "warmer" weather on our cruise. We did have good weather though, no rain! But never actual warm temps except for the few hours in the afternoon in Skagway.

I do on a Caribbean one, but it was too chilly on the Alaska one for me to wear capris, except maybe once. And I brought several pairs that I could have left at home. I was a little too optimistic for some "warmer" weather on our cruise. We did have good weather though, no rain! But never actual warm temps except for the few hours in the afternoon in Skagway.

It should be warm enough in the dining room to wear capris!

We wore jeans(not ripped!) and a nice shirt on non-formal nights and khaki pants with really nice shirt and top on formal nights. This is Alaska - we just tried to avoid the more formal dining room - but we did not do dinner in the buffet! Some people were dressed up-we were not. Also, noticed that we would be put at a dining table(anytime dining) with similarly dressed people - that was OK with us!

We wore jeans(not ripped!) and a nice shirt on non-formal nights and khaki pants with really nice shirt and top on formal nights. This is Alaska - we just tried to avoid the more formal dining room - but we did not do dinner in the buffet! Some people were dressed up-we were not. Also, noticed that we would be put at a dining table(anytime dining) with similarly dressed people - that was OK with us!

Who you sat with and how they were dressed had nothing to do with it. The staff at MTD doesn't notice or care...their just trying to fill the table during the time frame you happened to show up.

As you saw what you were wearing was in the majority...Glad you enjoyed your cruise.

We are on the Radiance this Friday (Yay!!) and we are just doing smart casual all week just because of having to pack for 12 days of layers and etc. It has never bothered me on what anyone wears to the dining room.