Boatyard vs Harbor Lights?

hartskys

More activies at Boatyard!

Depends on what you want.

Thanks. Would you recommend taking taxi or walking? I believe I read somewhere that the return taxi is included in the $20 fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
We are visiting Barbados next week. Is there any difference between Boatyard and Harbor Lights?

As another poster stated, Boatyard has more activities than Harbor Lights. The Boatyard has an inflatable trampoline and an iceberg-type of thing you can climb up on, a per where you can dive from it or from a rope swing that swings from it. They both have a boat trip to snorkel with turtles included but the one from Harbor Lights also stops at a sunken barge where you can see tons of fish. I have not been to Harbor Lights but have used the operator they use for the turtle trip before they contracted them and they did very good work. Boatyard has its own boat (which I did get to experience last time I went) that sits like 20 people but my experience was that it was a bit disorganized, stopped only at the turtle site and it felt very rushed since the time we spent at the site was very short. Apparently they are very inconsistent with the time since I have read about similar short experiences but also about longer ones so, YMMV.

The fare for the taxi back to port is included on the entry fee for both places but I never saw anyone renting kayaks on my previous visits (2014, '15, '16). You can also read about my experience there in my reviews on my signature below.

• 4 weeks later...

We have been to Barbados many times and always walk to Carlisle Bay...it’s a flat leisurely 3km walk...once we get to the beach, we walk along the water down to Harbour Lights area. From here, we swim out to the turtles....if you’re a decent swimmer, it’s very doable and the tours all feed the turtles so you’re pretty much guaranteed to see the turtles! Save your $20 from the tour and buy some cold beers instead :) On the walk back to the ship, we stopped at the bar right near the bridge over the canal to have a drink. Barbados is my favourite port!