Carnival WiFi

Hi all,

We're cruising the Miracle this weekend and need to purchase WiFi. It looks like there's an option for both guests to have wifi, or just one of us. Do I need to get it for both me and my husband, or can I get it for just one of us with the intention that only one of us will use the wifi at a time?

Thanks!

Carnival Wi-FI is beyond terrible in my experience. If you HAVE TO have it, purchase the value plan and switch between devices. You can’t both use it at once but after you see how terrible it is, you won’t want to.

You can purchase one plan and only log one device in at a time (share between the two of you). Experiences with Carnival wifi vary greatly. Some have fantastic experiences, for some it's just okay, and some find it to be terrible.

We purchased one value plan and switched among four devices. Sometimes we had glitches where it would not switch, but turning devices wifi off/on usually cleared it. I would not depend on the value plan to do anything other than trivial text e-mailing. Multi-megabyte attachments will take forever to download/upload.

our Miracle experience was mostly OK. Our room got a decent signal* and stayed up however it was still pretty slow. Texting, FB, playing my dumb little games at night all worked well enough. Wife and I shared the Value plan. As long as we didn't try any big files it went smoothly. My T-Mobile plan allows me unlimited data in the Caribbean so we took advantage of that in ports (Limon, Costa Rico and Panama Canal) and I was able to upload a lot of pics at 4g LTE speeds - which was usually faster than Miracle wifi speed.

* i forget the room number but it was a port-side balcony on 7 almost to the back of the ship. Maybe 2 cabins aft of the rear elevators. I thought it was a great location - straight down to MDR, right up to Pizza. Had a great time!

Hi all,

We're cruising the Miracle this weekend and need to purchase WiFi. It looks like there's an option for both guests to have wifi, or just one of us. Do I need to get it for both me and my husband, or can I get it for just one of us with the intention that only one of us will use the wifi at a time?

Thanks!

Just be aware that your husband may not be able to work as well as he needs because when all guests are onboard (Sea days, port mornings and evenings) the speed difference between the Social, Value and Premium are exactly the same, very SLOOOOW! Value and Premium plans allow you to use the open internet for e-mail and other websites, but what Carnival doesn't tell you is that the satellite data link and Wi-Fi routers are so saturated that your speeds will be extremely slow. Age of the ship doesn't matter either since I've experienced this problem on every ship from Vista to Sensation. The only time it works well is during port days when 90% of guests are off the ship. Then you can average 1mbps which is still dismal for broadband standards.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser
  • Thanks 1