Stephen Card paintings and prints

the2ofus

I've also been collecting Stephen's prints - mostly off eBay...

I have several awaiting their time at the framers, but here are the ones that have been done: (Sorry about the reflections)

web.jpg?ver=12437910570001

web.jpg?ver=12437910610001

web.jpg?ver=12437910650001

web.jpg?ver=12437910690001

I have several awaiting their time at the framers, but here are the ones that have been done: (Sorry about the reflections)
Don't worry Brian. In addition to enjoying the prints, we get to enjoy your reflection. :D

Very nice. I enjoyed some of the art decor on the Oosterdam, but I found that it was often hidden or blended in with other artistic endeavors which didn't do it any justice. The black framing on his prints was wonderful. Never thought I would enjoy nautical art as much as I do, I must keep searching for this print.

Sure do!

When I was younger I used crayon!!!! ;)

Artists 'usually' sign their prints with pencil. The whole reason is that pencil cannot be faked... or printed.

The original painting of 'De Noach' (The Noah) was made for Premier Cruises and was hung in the Ocean Bar on board the REMBRANDT... the old ROTTERDAM. Unfortunately when REMBRANDT was laid up in Freeport, that painting and several others, went missing.

The reason why Premier wanted the painting of De Noach.... well she was a famous Dutch clipper and Premier liked to retain some kind of connection with REMBRANDT's Dutch heritage.

Stephen

Stephen: How nice to see your name again. My late husband and me had the pleasure of meeting you on the SS Rotterdam 15 October 1995 at Sea, out of Vancouver when you graciously autographed our copy of "Grande Dame: Holland America Line and the S.S. Rotterdam by Stephen M. Payne" with your painting on the cover. The book was also signed by Capt. Edwrd G. Van Zaane. Cheers, Gail:eek:

Bought six signed Card prints from World Ocean. Three are framed and in the study.

World Ocean provided good service and reasonable prices on the prints.

While I prefer his paintings of older HAL ships, all of the work I have seen is marvelous.

I think he stands tall amoung the great nautical painters down thru the ages.

Archived