Larger Balconies Cabin 6023

mom1965

Hi - we haven't travelled in one, although we have one booked for next spring. The first eight category 2C cabins from the bow on either side of the Penthouse deck (deck 6) on all four Millennium-class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Constellation, and Summit) have balconies that are about twice the size of other category 2C cabins. The cabins themselves are the same size. The larger balconies don't show up on deck plans, and the telephone reservationists at Celebrity will deny any knowledge of the various "secret" larger balconies such as these, along with aft balconies, the triangular balconies, etc.

If you do a search on this board you should be able to find some photos. We have certainly seen them from the outside on our various cruises on M-class ships and look forward to taking advantage of the larger balcony for no extra cost. Note that the first two cabins of the eight have large columns that partially cover them and sort of block the views - you'll understand if you look at a photo.

We sailed the Millenium last winter & stayed in cabin 6027. The balcony was easily twice the size of the regular balconies. It easily held 4 chairs & the little snack table & there was still lots of standing room. We will be on the Summit at the end of the month in 7027 (right above last year's room) and we will have the smaller balcony. It'll be fine though ... I don't think we will get much use of the balcony during our crossing to Hawaii.

Enjoy your cruise & your lovely balcony.

an anybody confirm the rumor that some of the balconies are larger. We are in 6023 and I was told that this one and approx. 15 others are larger balconies. Anybody had any of these rooms?

Yes! We always stay in 6025 and the balcony is twice the size. Love it!

• 2 months later...

since the reservations will deny them and the ship's diagrams don't show them do we just have to rely on the kindness of strangers here to find out which ones are? does this size differential happen on the Century class too? and who know what is going to happen with the Century re-build. we have a CC cabin on the "new" Century, so it will be interesting to see if there is a difference

Here are some pictures of the starboard (even numbers) side to give you an idea of the difference. I think 6023 would be about the same as 6018 in the picture captioned Wide-State. A little bit of obstruction, but the balcony looks great.

http://community.webshots.com/album/373703105pTDiwq

GREAT photos Bob. :D

We are on the SUMMIT on 9/30 to Hawaii.

When I booked this cabin, my CELEBRITY cruise

agent told me our cabin #6030 was an "extra wide"

balcony. Every deck plan I looked at did not

show this feature. Now, after seeing your photos

I am a believer. Yahoo!!!!!:D

We were in 6135 on Constellation last Oct. The room is the regular CC size and the balcony is huge and is about 3 times the size of a regular balcony. The cabin is between the Royal Suites and other suites and is in a very quiet and convenient location. We loved it and would have booked it again in a heartbeat but ble to get an aft CC cabin for Oct. 2006. Enjoy your cruise!!

I NEVER say ALL but I think ALL the balconies listed below are double the size of the normal cat2 balcony on M-class ships.

Double sized balconies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C-6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,

We had 7080 on our last Summit cruise and it was much larger than the usual cat2. Those balconies on the "neck" of the ship where it narrows down are bigger than usual but not as big as some of the others.

Yesterday I booked on the Millenium (Oct 29, 2006). Today I noticed that 6048 was available. It looked like it had a bigger balcony. I called Celebrity and they said it did not. I changed to it anyways and then found this thread and bob278's great pictures (with my cabin shown). 6135 is available and I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to it. It looks like the balcony is gigantic.

Thanks!!

Lackey, We were in 6143 in Feb and the balcony is about 3x's as deep as the normal CC. Our room was also approximately 1 ft wider; therefore, the balcony also a little wider. Loved, Loved, Loved the balcony. We have this room booked again for next March on the Constellation. You will not be diappointed if you are a true balcony lover like I am. Your balcony would be the same as mine except 1 ft narrower.

Archived