Looking for Good Glacier Tour

masterdrago

Looking at the excursions on the 7 night southbound from Seward on RC. Mostly all I'm seeing is Mendenhall stuff and of course the 2 hours spent cruising the Hubbard Glacier. I was hoping to find some tours into Tracy Arms and had contacted directly several (Adventure Bound, Glacier Wind & True Alaskan). Most said best to book through the cruise line. Is it possible that after the first of the year, the excursions for our cruise (May '19) will be updated to include more glacier tours while in Juneau? Or does that not happen? I'm wanting something on a small boat with not so many folks but none of the timing looks right because of our port arrival time (9am). Anyone with experience on Royal 7nt southbound, I would really appreciate input.

You may be early into port and then you could make the Adventure Bound tour if it’s running that day. The return is by 6 PM. It was such a great experience and if they will work with you, it might be doeable. I know we checked in at 8:15 for ours in May Northbound, but waited for some people from other boats. We booked November of the year before but reconfirmed 2 weeks out. It was a 10 minute walk from dock and if your group is fit you could be a walk up. There was still room on our boat the day we went. It was a weekday though and it looks like you are in Sunday. Do you have time in Seward to do Major Marine Kenai Fjords tour? We were with back to backers on that trip and they made the boat with plenty of time to spare. Good luck deciding.

Do you have time before your cruise for a Prince William Sound glacier cruise out of Whittier or a Matansuka Glacier hike?

https://majormarine.com/tour/prince-william-sound-blackstone-bay-glacier-cruise/

https://micaguides.com/

That sounds like something I need to explore. I had not considered a Prince William Sound tour or cruise. We are taking the land tour pre-cruise 7b so will be in Anchorage - Seward. The itinerary is not very detailed at this time but it might fit in prior to a late supper at the Seven Glaciers Restaurant in Alyeska. Thanks for a great suggestion. Their are many Prince William cruises to study.

If you have time in Girdwood before your Seven Glaciers dinner, I highly recommend the Spencer Glacier heli/hike with Ascending Path. We spent two nights at the Alyeska Resort during our 10-day DIY land tour prior to the 6/22 Radiance SB and that glacier hike was definitely a highlight of our entire trip. It’s not cheap but it was just me, my wife, and our guide on the glacier. She even went ice climbing (an optional add-on) while I opted to watch and take pics. :). They picked us up at the hotel and their helipad is only a couple minutes away.