Is Hilton Barcelona near any metro stops?

zitsky

Considering whether to pay for Hilton Barcelona, used by Viking Ocean tours. I know it's not close to the tourist area. Maybe that's a good thing? I know I can get from there to tourist area (Sagrada Familia) for maybe 10 Euro. But what about the metro? Is it close by, is it convenient?

Quote from Hilton website "Hilton Barcelona is located in the preferred shopping area for locals. The hotel is only two minutes’ walk from bus stops and the Maria Cristina Metro station, which conveniently connects with the city centre, Paseo de Gracia, La Pedrera, Sagrada Familia and the FC Barcelona Museum without transfers."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote from Hilton website "Hilton Barcelona is located in the preferred shopping area for locals. The hotel is only two minutes’ walk from bus stops and the Maria Cristina Metro station, which conveniently connects with the city centre, Paseo de Gracia, La Pedrera, Sagrada Familia and the FC Barcelona Museum without transfers."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's funny because when I look at the metro map, it looks to me like you do need to transfer on the metro to get anywhere. I will check again, but yes, I am saying hotel website is wrong.

That's funny because when I look at the metro map, it looks to me like you do need to transfer on the metro to get anywhere. I will check again, but yes, I am saying hotel website is wrong.

Yep, I see the same as you. Maria Cristina metro is L3 - looks like you would need to transfer to L5 or L2 to reach La Sagrada Familia. Wouldn't be the first time that directions on hotel websites are incorrect. ;)

https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/maps/attractions/gaudi-sagrada-familia.html

L3 will, however, take you to La Rambla with no transfers.

Edited by dogs4fun