Getting to Blarney Castle

No, you can’t enter the castle unless your in the line to kiss the stone. This was the policy 2 weeks ago when we visited.

Thanks Anthony. Hope you had a wonderful cruise. Two weeks from today I'll board Royal. :)

Thanks Anthony. Hope you had a wonderful cruise. Two weeks from today I'll board Royal. :)

The cruise was nice.. some ports were better than others. It was just too dang hot and all the grass in Ireland was brown due to the drought. Honestly Cobh itself is really nice and wish we had skipped Kinsale for more time there.

No, you can’t enter the castle unless your in the line to kiss the stone. This was the policy 2 weeks ago when we visited.

So if you don't want to kiss the stone, you still have to wait in the line if you want to see the castle?

So if you don't want to kiss the stone, you still have to wait in the line if you want to see the castle?

That is correct. They won’t let you inside to see the castle which isn’t very large to begin with. We arrived early in a private tour and the parking lot was already filled up with buses not from our ship but elsewhere. 3 family members got right in line and waited 90 minutes. Even walking around the outside you have to dodge the people waiting in line. We were able to have a good 30 min on the grounds without crowds but after that it was busy even in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums