Carnival off road atv & beach adventure!! Please help :)

Laurie7724

This excursion is available in Costa Maya. My 20yr old son really wants to do it but I’m a wee bit scared 😱. My husband and myself are both in our early 50’s and have never rode and ATV. So I’m asking for any opinions from anyone that has done this excursion. Is it very difficult? Don’t really want to come home from the cruise with a broken bone, but on the positive side it will be our last port day so if something did happen it wouldn’t ruin the ENTIRE cruise 🤕. I’ve been contemplating staying back at the Port and letting my husband and son do it without me but my husband isn’t happy about leaving me by myself that day. (I would be perfectly Ok with it). Also after the beach portion how do you get back to the ship? Some reviewers said taxis and others said a bus. Please any advice and opinions from anyone who has done this or knows of anyone that has I would greatly appreciate 😀

This excursion is available in Costa Maya. My 20yr old son really wants to do it but I’m a wee bit scared 😱. My husband and myself are both in our early 50’s and have never rode and ATV. So I’m asking for any opinions from anyone that has done this excursion. Is it very difficult? Don’t really want to come home from the cruise with a broken bone, but on the positive side it will be our last port day so if something did happen it wouldn’t ruin the ENTIRE cruise 🤕. I’ve been contemplating staying back at the Port and letting my husband and son do it without me but my husband isn’t happy about leaving me by myself that day. (I would be perfectly Ok with it). Also after the beach portion how do you get back to the ship? Some reviewers said taxis and others said a bus. Please any advice and opinions from anyone who has done this or knows of anyone that has I would greatly appreciate 😀

An atv adventure in Mexico with inexperienced riders in unfamiliar surroundings What could possibly go wrong?

In February my wife and I cruised to Cabo. She is 64 and has never ridden a bicycle. I bought a quad excursion from a tout on the pier for about half of what Carnival wanted. We were taken to a nearby ranch and outfitted with helmet and water. After a few minutes of instruction and a little test ride around a ring at the ranch we were off with a guide. My wife loved it. We were not setting any speed records, or driving a challenging course. Just a ride up a dry river bed with a few "fun" features. We arrived at a box canyon that had a spring with delicious cold water flowing from the side of the hill. We both had smiles ear to ear. Then we rode back down the river bed to the sea. We rode on the beach, and the view of the ocean made it all that much better than the ride in the river bed.

On the beach were people in large groups riding quads, some few in dune buggies, people riding horses and a few on camels. It was by no means crowded and everyone having a good time.

I don't think you are in any real danger of injury if you follow the rules and instruction from the guide. Go and have a good time.

We did a UTV adventure in Aruba. Driving was no big deal. Any difficult terrain was taken with caution any wide open spaces we taken at what felt like high speeds (since it's open air) and we were able to ride together. We had a blast. The UTV had the overhead cover and our sat 2pp (similar to dune byggy style) and we saw some that seated 4. Most ATVs are a straddle seating vs. you need to wear a helmet. For us it was nice to have the cover and not wear a helmet so we were not completely baking in the sun during the ride. Just something to consider if Costa Maya offers the alternative. Either one will be fun and I wouldn't worry too much about your experience level. Just follow the safely guidelines.

We did this excursion last April in Costa Maya. It was very rocky going through the jungle and was dusty too because it hadn’t rained in awhile. They provided a bandana and goggles. There was also a chest you could put backpacks in that they locked up while the group was on the ATVs. You start and end at the same spot. They do divide the groups up into experienced, semi experienced, and beginner. Several times throughout the course they stopped to allow everyone in the group to catch up and they had guides with each group. You will be dirty after ATVing so I’d suggest you bring a change of clothes for after the beach. The beach was beautiful and drinks were included and food could be purchased. I will say I was 27 at the time and was sore the next day. Where it was so rocky it was almost like riding a horse through some parts having to keep my bottom up off of the seat and squeeze my legs into the ATV. We took charter buses from the beach back to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums