Celebrity shuttle from Seattle to Vancouver

cl.klink

Hi Joel,

We live near seattle and will be sailing out of Vancouver in August. We have decided to drive, but the cost of the hotel and parking is less than a bargin.

I am assuming that you are flying into Seattle. With this assumption, I would suggest you consider the Seattle to Vancouver Amtrak Cascades. $63.00 Sr. fare. 7:45am departure - 4-hour direct trip. Much of the ride is right along the coast. Try to reserve seats on Port (left) ;pside of the train.

Seats are avalible on Sept 2, 2018.

Here is a good forum with some specific Q & A's on Vancouver.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Better yet …..consider Quick Shuttle...... half the cost of Celebrity and always faster. Also door to door service.

The train is find , but the station is a far distance from cruise terminal and the return train is late in the afternoon..

I also recommend that you consider giving Quick Shuttle a look...

Last month I completed consecutive cruises on Infinity--a Pacific Coastal from San Diego to Vancouver followed by a week in Alaska [round-trip Vancouver]--and, at trip conclusion, needed a transfer to Sea-Tac... Celebrity did not offer one...

My initial inclination was to take the train from Vancouver to Seattle [i'd read that the views are impressive] but, upon researching, it would've been impossible to catch the morning train [6;35 AM] given cruise disembarkation time and the only other train [there are two per day] would have departed Vancouver at 5:45 PM and gotten me into Seattle's King Street Station at 10:10 PM...

For me, Quick Shuttle had several advantages...

• Pick-up occurred right at Vancouver's Canada Place Cruise Terminal [i never needed to go outdoors on a very rainy day] rather than at Vancouver's Pacific Central Station... While I understand the train station is within walking distance of the cruise terminal, I avoided the need to jockey three weeks' of luggage around and the cost of an apparently brief taxi ride.
  • Drop-off occurred right at Sea-Tac. Had I taken the train, the trip would have terminated at Seattle's King Street Station and I'd have needed to take a taxi to my hotel near the airport [due to flight schedules and my desire to fly non-stop/avoid connections, I opted to stay at a hotel near the airport--with a very early flight next morning--rather than take the "red-eye" back to Newark; it was still far more economical than flying back from the Vancouver Airport]. My hotel's complimentary transfers from/to Sea-Tac were prompt, easy and efficient.

I booked the 9:00 AM "express" Quick Shuttle that skipped several intermittent stops along the way to Sea-Tac; scheduled travel time was 4.5 hours but we did--despite inclement weather--arrive about twenty minutes early. Immigration/Customs at the border--admittedly, on a Sunday morning--was quick/painless. Don't know if it's always true but those of us who were cruise ship passengers/boarded at Canada Place were exempted from having our luggage scanned at the border [it was stowed in a separate compartment under the bus] save for hand luggage we may have carried aboard.

I booked Quick Shuttle online about six weeks in advance of travel date. Cost as a Senior [as I recall, the discount was not large] totaled $US 55.00...

It is my understanding that Amtrak also offers bus service that supplements train service but I'd have still needed to contend with ground transportation in both Vancouver and Seattle as those buses also run between the train stations.

Enjoy Infinity; she's "looking good" and I had a great time!