Le Bistro

skm

I know there is a $15 cover charge to eat here. Can I order the escargots, onion soup, fillet mignon, AND chocolate fondue for this price? (can we say...oink,oink,oink :p ) Thanks

I know there is a $15 cover charge to eat here. Can I order the escargots, onion soup, fillet mignon, AND chocolate fondue for this price? (can we say...oink,oink,oink :p ) Thanks

Sure even two orders of escargots and cheesecake with your chocolate fondue :)

SKM-This was EXACTLY what I ate TWICE on the NCL Sun in Dec.'01!! THEE best escargots I've ever had at sea....the 1st night,the waiter saw how much I enjoyed them(with french bread dipping in the butter/garlic juice...uuummm!),so he came by and asked me if I wanted another serving of escargots-I hesitated,and he said,"come on,it's your vacation and you loved them...." alright I said.......don't miss the escargots and the filet was terrific,too........

Big Al

What exactly do escargots taste like??? It sounds like they are served the way I like my steamed clams. I love to dip in the garlic wine broth too. Do snails taste anything like clams, if they do I may be inclined to try them???!!

OOoohhh..thanks for telling me this... we are doing the "anniversary/honeymoon" package deal..so we will be eating there. I was wondering about escargot. (never had it and want to try it!) (yes I do know it is snails! ) But wondered if I could get something else if I didn't like it. YES.

What else is on the menu as main course??? I don't eat steak. If I get just lobster tail is there an "upcharge" ?

What exactly do escargots taste like??? It sounds like they are served the way I like my steamed clams. I love to dip in the garlic wine broth too. Do snails taste anything like clams, if they do I may be inclined to try them???!!

If you like claims and you like garlic you will love escargots. They are milder then claims but even uglier :D Little black blobs. I don't eat them for the snails which are good. It is the garlic butter and bread that makes it.

You know, I really wasn't planning on going to Le Bisto on my Dawn cruise next month, but, I just may go now.........:rolleyes:

You people have gotten me hungry talking about all the goodies there, plus dining with all those paintings....

ebandit, it is a nice menu, there is this really "masculine" kind of meat entree. It is chunks of assorted meat, skewerd onto this metal pronged thing, that they flambe at tableside. The gentleman at the next table could NOT finish all of it.

Plus, the Chocolate Fondue is just too die for........:D Just having that is worth the price!! I just may have to go there for my Birthday celebration!!!:D

Suesan:) :)

Suesan! :eek: But of COURSE you must visit Le Bistro on your upcoming cruise! To say, or even think otherwise is, *splutter* well, blasphemy!

;)

I loved that place.

I just can't help it, though, I MUST say this, I HAVE to ... the thought of eating a snail is so seriously ICK to me! (And Shoreguy, that "little black blobs" description just didn't go a long way in changing my mind ... )

:D

You know, even when I went to the Culinary and at whatever job I had, whenever I made up escargot, I NEVER tried them.....!!! I just COULDN'T bring myself too........:eek:

But, I may...... Maybe.......:confused:

BUT, maybe I can just have the seasoned garlic butter and some bread.....:rolleyes:

Now, that's a thought..!!!:D

Suesan:)

Greenie, I miss our fun Wotta Hoot chats....!!!:(

Ever since we got moved around to Foataway Lounge, things just aren't the same.........:confused:

So what are you up too????

Suesan :)

I know, Suesan ... the new location has really changed things. It's sad. I wish we could stay in the Roll-Call forum.

:(

I'll go to Wotta Hoot now to chat. Sorry to take this off-subject, everybuddy. I'll stop now.

:o

Suesan, You must, must go to Le Bistro!!!

O.K. a few of my own points to add....

We were in Le Bistro and my MIL did not want an appetizer so she order the escargot for me. Then, we discretely (or so I thought) switched plates when I was done with mine. When I finished with the second plate, our waiter came over and with a big smile on his face said "would you like me to order a third plate for you". We all laughed.

Also, on the dessert, order the Chocolate Fondue and a Cheesecake and dip the Cheesecake in the chocolate...mmmmm GOOD. My DH and I share this every single time.

The soup with the pastry baked over the top is excellent and it is my new favorite over the Forest Mushroom Soup.

Finally, we go to Le Bistro at least twice.

You know, even when I went to the Culinary and at whatever job I had, whenever I made up escargot, I NEVER tried them.....!!! I just COULDN'T bring myself too........:eek:

But, I may...... Maybe.......:confused:

BUT, maybe I can just have the seasoned garlic butter and some bread.....:rolleyes:

Now, that's a thought..!!!:D

Suesan:)

Just forget what they are. My dh did not know what escargot were the first time he tried them and he loves them. Had he known he would never have eaten them in the first place. Just think of them as a new type of mushroom or something.

My favorite part of cruising NCL is eating at Le Bistro; the first time I had escargot I will have to admit I was drunk, so forgot what I was eating. That must have been 35 years ago (haven't been drunk since) well that is a lie, but the introduction to escargot got me hooked and Le Bistro is as good as it gets. Of course the best part is the garlic butter and dipping. We just did Celebrity last month: escargot could not compare: too chewy (spelling) and no flavor. I think they forgot the garlic. Everything served in the restaurant is worth trying: I like the beef, DD loves the Sea Bass and the wild mushroom soup. NMnita

I've never had escargot...so, what does it look like (You can't see any little eyes or those little antenna thingies can you?). I hope I can get by the texture (described as a firm mushroom). Guess I just have to try and go from there. I do have a gross mushroom story, but I'll leave it alone :D Also,I was wondering...I know about the dress code @ dinner in the main dining rooms, how about breakfast & lunch? Thanks, SKM

I know about the dress code @ dinner in the main dining rooms, how about breakfast & lunch? Thanks, SKM

Breakfast and lunch are both very liberal - almost anything goes. T-shirts, jeans, shorts, etc. are all fine. You need shoes and a cover-up if you're wearing a bathing suit. That's the only restriction that I can think of.

I've never had escargot...so, what does it look like (You can't see any little eyes or those little antenna thingies can you?). I hope I can get by the texture (described as a firm mushroom). Guess I just have to try and go from there. I do have a gross mushroom story, but I'll leave it alone :D Also,I was wondering...I know about the dress code @ dinner in the main dining rooms, how about breakfast & lunch? Thanks, SKM

I've never thought about escargot looking like a mushroom, but I would agree it does, and a tiny one at that. LeBistro is one of our favorite restaurants, period, land or sea, and we usually eat there twice per cruise. My #1 order is the Cream of Mushroom Soup served in a very nice bread bowl, escargot, caesar salad which is prepared by the waitstaff on demand, filet mignon, and of course, the fondue (I've never tasted better chocolate). Of course you can order extras along the way, like more escargot, or the French Onion Soup with all that cheese, but I like to make sure I have plenty of room to knock down some extra fruit with the fondue. One menu item that was a big favorite of ours on a couple of cruises was a "combination" offerring, which I think some folks don't even notice on the menu. I think it has slid to the backpage of the menu, and frankly, we've missed seeing it, but we always have our minds made up on what we're ordering before we get there. We kinda think about it all day!! Anyway, one of the options is a chicken/beef/pork combo, and maybe a couple seafood options, etc., but was chargrilled, and then set aflame tableside, just prior to serving. We haven't ordered it for awhile, so not sure if it's the same these days, but there seems to be much more food for the average person, and I recall reading where it was limited to one per couple - the 2nd person could order any other entree on the menu. We thought that was a good idea because of all the waste we noticed, previously.

The Escargot - go for it, especially if you like butter and garlic, and of course the french bread, but the "mushrooms" are usually tiny, covered with melted butter/garlic, and covered with cheese, and served in a "dish for six". Yummmmmmm!

I always tell people that with the garlic/butter sauce they serve with the escargot in Le Bistro you could eat erasers:D Another thing we love to do is eat our appetizers and entree there, go to the early show, and sometime after that have our chocolate fondue for dessert. Just another reason why we LOVE freestyle!

I always tell people that with the garlic/butter sauce they serve with the escargot in Le Bistro you could eat erasers:D Another thing we love to do is eat our appetizers and entree there, go to the early show, and sometime after that have our chocolate fondue for dessert. Just another reason why we LOVE freestyle!

If someone does this, do you have to have a second reservation to come back for dessert?

Archived