New to 4 day cruise

Hey all. We started cruising in 2010 for our honeymoon. We have been on 7 since all with RCCL but have only ever done 7 days and one 6 day.

Considering doing a shorter family trip this December with both sets of parents. The desired budget on this makes 4 days seem to be the best bet.

We will be sailing with our 6 year old and 3 year old. Our boys have done 2 cruises both on Allure. My parents 75 and 63 who have sailed royal 4 times and my in laws 62 and 61 who have been on 2 cruises.

Trying to decide between Mariner and Enchantment. They both go to Coco Cay which is a favorite stop. The biggest concern I have is it being just a booze cruise with drinking being the main focus of most on board. Is that a valid concern for a 4 night?

Any feedback on either of those ships for short family cruises ? Especially the amplified Mariner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey all. We started cruising in 2010 for our honeymoon. We have been on 7 since all with RCCL but have only ever done 7 days and one 6 day.

Considering doing a shorter family trip this December with both sets of parents. The desired budget on this makes 4 days seem to be the best bet.

We will be sailing with our 6 year old and 3 year old. Our boys have done 2 cruises both on Allure. My parents 75 and 63 who have sailed royal 4 times and my in laws 62 and 61 who have been on 2 cruises.

Trying to decide between Mariner and Enchantment. They both go to Coco Cay which is a favorite stop. The biggest concern I have is it being just a booze cruise with drinking being the main focus of most on board. Is that a valid concern for a 4 night?

Any feedback on either of those ships for short family cruises ? Especially the amplified Mariner.

First. I have sailed both the enchantment and the NEW mariner of the seas.

There are many more choices both for activity and dining on the Mariner.

I would certainly pick the Mariner if the price was similar.

Second: There are sloppy drunk idiots on all cruises.

It could be said that the short cruises are more prone to this....

However It would be more on the 3 night weekend cruise as opposed

to the mon- friday one.

That being said. I have done many of the 3 night cruises and am rarely

bothered by out of control drinking. Just MY experience others may

feel differently.

There are those that will say ONLY do a 7 night cruise and that 4 is too short...

for me, all cruises are good and if it works with your schedule, GO FOR IT>

We have been on the Enchantment years ago shortly after it was stretched.

It was our least favorite ship (of 13 cruises) because from our experience, it seemed like they added a lot of cabins, but never expanded public areas such as Windjammer to accommodate more people. Seemed crowded.

We are about to cruise Mariner Dec 24, 2018 4 nighter with my family of 4 & mother (big birthday cruise) & sister.

Since it sails Mon-Fri, I do not anticipate the "booze cruise" experience. I would think that type of cruise would probably occur more if it was over the weekend.

Also, Mariner just went through a $120 million refurbishment.

We have sailed on a Voyager Class ship in the past & really enjoyed it. I personally would recommend the Mariner over Enchantment.

Just to confirm: you're talking the Monday-Friday 4 night cruise, correct? Those will be much less of a "booze-cruise" than the weekend cruises. Not an extremely recent experience, but we sailed Enchantment for a Mon-Fri cruise in January 2017, and felt that it had a similar vibe and crowd as the 7 night cruises.

Having been on Enchantment and with Mariner booked for December, I definitely would pick Mariner, especially for the kids. Many more activities and entertainment options than Enchantment.

Thanks for the feedback. We would be doing the Mon-Fri. That's an excellent point about the through the week versus over the weekend. Also considered a 4 or 5 day on Independence but since they added 100 staterooms my fear is the occupancy will feel a little too crowded. I have personally always felt that after the Muster Drill Rush the ships always seem comfortable as folks settle into their patterns but I could see the potential when adding several hundred more that the balance could tip some on Indy.