Queen Isabel Douro Cruise ship info HELP

Viktoria

Have read terrible reviews about this ship and the staff. Has anyone recently toured thru Portugal on this ship? We leave Aug 1 and after reading the reviews, I am worried. This is our 3rd Uniworld cruise and I expected the same kind of service.

Just cruised on that ship this June. I can't imagine any substantive criticism. Staff was great. Terrific cruise. Everyone onboard was having a great time. Heard zero complaints. Great river (pretty) and a great country.

The ship itself is smaller than standard big river Uniworld ships. Everyone's ships must be smaller on the Douro. This leads to my only criticism: there is only one public bathroom. Departure day it's a problem. Nothing they can do with limited space but I suggest they leave the closest 2 staterooms open for guests on departure day morning and clean them last.

My opinion may not count because I like Viking river ships. :)

My wife and I were on this cruise and really liked it. Staff and ship were great. Absolutely no complaints and never heard any from other passengers. If we didn't have so many other places we want to see I would not hesitate to take this trip again.

Have read terrible reviews about this ship and the staff. Has anyone recently toured thru Portugal on this ship? We leave Aug 1 and after reading the reviews, I am worried. This is our 3rd Uniworld cruise and I expected the same kind of service.

We did this cruise with Uniworld a couple of years ago and loved it. The difference between this cruise and other Uniworld cruises is that the ship is owned by a Portugal company and the staff are all Portuguese except maybe the concierge and director (I think that is what they are called), but the staff was great. So proud of their country and eager to please. Be ready for an abundance of delicious Port! Betting that you will love your time on the Douro. By the way, we are returning this October with another company, which we chose due to their offering a Harvest Themed cruise and a pre-cruise stay in Madrid.

Cole

Thanks, cool cruiser for the wonderful pictures. Looks like you had a great time. The room looks great!:D

I went and found the bad reviews you mentioned earlier. Inexplicable to me. Fortunately nothing like that happened on our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right now one operator owns all the Douro riverboats, so you're dealing with a monopoly. My understanding is that it's all going to change next year, and Uniworld will have its own ship(s) in Portugal.

Roz

• 1 month later...