Princess transportation or Uber from LAX?

A&Jfamily

We are using EzAir and flying into LAX direct from IAD the morning of our cruise around 10 am. Any advantage to using Princess transportation to the pier or just take Uber?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you use Princess transportation they will collect your luggage at the airport and transport it directly to the ship.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

EZ Air + Princess transfers will basically assure you'll be at the cruise terminal on time, but a 10:00 arrival should be no problem with that. And once you give your luggage to Princess, you don't see it till it arrives at your cabin (no need to mess with the longshoremen at port).

Either one should work fine. There was an issue with Uber pick ups from LAX about 6 months ago--drivers didn't want to pick up short distance fares because of the time delays getting in and out of LAX. But the drive to San Pedro is not part of the "short distance" issue, so shouldn't be a problem. The ultimate resolution was a surcharge added to short runs to and from LAX.

We normally pack light and will have carryon luggage only - so Princess won’t get it unless we use there transfer. We actually like to carry on so we can unpack when in our room.

It just seems costly and unnecessary for a trip from LAX. Am I missing something?

We normally pack light and will have carryon luggage only - so Princess won’t get it unless we use there transfer. We actually like to carry on so we can unpack when in our room.

It just seems costly and unnecessary for a trip from LAX. Am I missing something?

No, you aren't missing anything. I've always had great Uber service in LA. Particularly with no luggage to worry about, Uber should be great.

Uber, and Lyft are great options. This past April we used a sedan service. They had luxury black SUVs waiting at the airport and port for us. There was water in the car for us and the driver loaded/unloaded our luggage. Great curb to curb service for $80 each way, with no waiting for other passengers.

We are using EzAir and flying into LAX direct from IAD the morning of our cruise around 10 am. Any advantage to using Princess transportation to the pier or just take Uber?

Take an Uber. You'll get to the ship quicker.

Uber. Fast, reliable, and cheaper than a Princess transfer. Unless, of course, you have a ton of luggage. We did a 28 day cruise with one large bag and two small bags. Another person on the cruise had something like 7 large bags. :eek:

Just back from a 14 day cruise in Europe and had a difficult time getting an Uber ride. Two cars cancelled on us, this process took over an hour as Uber drivers must wait in the designated area outside LAX. My vote is to go with Princess transfers, price difference is almost none plus you will know exactly what you are getting. SuperShuttle Executive Car also cancelled on us, they were unable to find a car for us, even though we reserved the service over 2 weeks prior. They charged us, then wanted us to wait for a supervisor to show up at the Bradley Terminal to issue a voucher for a taxi. However, the catch was an ETA for the supervisor was unknown. It took several calls to finally obtain a refund for the charges. Go with what is known, Princess, they will get you there, and if delayed the ship is held until you get there. Yes I know, the port is near by, but an accident or mechanical problem can cause one to be delayed.

In May we used Karmel shuttle for that route. $42 for 2 people. It was not booked as private, but we were the only passengers. The van was on time and very efficient. I think it took about 40 minutes at 10:30 a.m.