Just moved to Orlando; best way to find last minute / FL resident cruise discounts?

mikeerdas

Just moved from NC to Orlando. What's the best way to find last minute / FL resident cruise discounts? Should I book directly with the cruise lines or are there entities that sell deeply discounted blocks of cabins close to set sail date?

Also wondering what I can expect in terms of getting last minute / FL cruises. Are they typically 2-4 night cruises? My wife's been looking and so far all she sees are 4 night cruises to the Bahamas for FL residents. We're looking for 2 night getaways.

Edited by mikeerdas

Per cruise critic rules, we are prohibited from suggesting travel agents and other booking sites.

You can always use the find a cruise button at the top of the page and compare what you see there to what you can find dealing directly with the cruise lines. ;)

Per cruise critic rules, we are prohibited from suggesting travel agents and other booking sites.

You can always use the find a cruise button at the top of the page and compare what you see there to what you can find dealing directly with the cruise lines. ;)

Thanks John. I recall it's against the rules to directly recommend specific agents or booking sites. My question is more of, for FL residents and for last minute cruises, is it cheaper to book direct with a cruise line or to go with a third party?

Welcome to being a Florida resident!

There are really no 2 night cruises with the exception of the company that goes to the Bahamas. I think it's out of Palm Beach or around that area.

Very rarely will a cruise line have short cruises like this but it does happen after the ships come back from Europe or something else like this. We were able to go on NCL Getaway for 2 nights when the ship came back to Miami after being used for the Olympics down in South America a "hotel" for press and others. They had 2 days to fill and sold it last minute.

As far as last minute Fl resident discounts, the cruise lines tend to send out emails advertising those to people who have cruised with them in the past. They target you.

Disney announces when they have Fl resident discounts on their cruises but even with the discount, they are still pricey. Great cruise line, great job at taking care of adults but you absolutely pay for the Disney name

As far as being cheaper booking with the cruise lines or some other way, the last minute Fl resident specials are usually the same price either way because they are more "drop and go" fares or whatever that cruise line calls it.

Thanks Carolyn.

Welcome to being a Florida resident!

There are really no 2 night cruises with the exception of the company that goes to the Bahamas. I think it's out of Palm Beach or around that area.

Very rarely will a cruise line have short cruises like this but it does happen after the ships come back from Europe or something else like this. We were able to go on NCL Getaway for 2 nights when the ship came back to Miami after being used for the Olympics down in South America a "hotel" for press and others. They had 2 days to fill and sold it last minute.

As far as last minute Fl resident discounts, the cruise lines tend to send out emails advertising those to people who have cruised with them in the past. They target you.

Disney announces when they have Fl resident discounts on their cruises but even with the discount, they are still pricey. Great cruise line, great job at taking care of adults but you absolutely pay for the Disney name

As far as being cheaper booking with the cruise lines or some other way, the last minute Fl resident specials are usually the same price either way because they are more "drop and go" fares or whatever that cruise line calls it.

The weekend Bahamas cruises on RCL out of Canaveral (last year it was the Majesty, now the Enchantment of the Seas) is very popular with the Orlando and local crowd. Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and you will be back in time for work on Monday morning!

I do not know about discounts however...we did the Majesty and always booked direct.

Try Bahamas Paradise Cruise line. They sail out of West Palm Beach. They have 2 night cruises and because they have 2 ships, they have sailings every day.

The ships are refurbished (Carnival Celebration and Costa Classica) and they are in good shape and the service, shows, entertainment and food are excellent. Check out their website for more details.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
The weekend Bahamas cruises on RCL out of Canaveral (last year it was the Majesty, now the Enchantment of the Seas) is very popular with the Orlando and local crowd. Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights and you will be back in time for work on Monday morning!

I do not know about discounts however...we did the Majesty and always booked direct.

Do these tend to be Party Cruises? My wife and I prefer more sedate cruises; but then you've got a quieter scene typically on 7+ night sailings--so there's the rub.