Buying OBC in advance?

wolfie789

Hello Cunarders. We have a TA upcoming in December. Even though we've never done so before, keeping an eye on the USD/GBP exchange rate we are wondering if buying OBC in advance might be a good idea. You used to be able to do this - does anyone know if you still can before you sail?

Thank you in advance.

Yes you can, from the Cunard website -

"You can purchase up to a maximum amount of $1000pp USD ($1000pp per sector for World Cruise voyages) of gift credit (also known as on board spending money)."

It's not refundable though so don't forget to spend it all !

It used to be possible to buy OBC at advantageous exchange rates, I don't think that's the case anymore but if you are worried about worsening exchange rates it's certainly possible.

"You can purchase up to a maximum amount of $1000pp USD ($1000pp per sector for World Cruise voyages) of gift credit (also known as on board spending money)."

It used to be possible to buy OBC at advantageous exchange rates, I don't think that's the case anymore but if you are worried about worsening exchange rates it's certainly possible.

Many thanks!

Yes, I can remember buying advance credit at $1.80 to the pound. Sadly, those days are long gone.