Grand princess changes - fleet wide?

MTJSR

They treat the BVE participant just like a regular cruiser. Everyone has a pre-authorized amount sent to their credit card as pending. Princess does this so they know charges you make while on the ship will go through. For example, you could have made a beverage purchase or gelato at the IC.

So as an above post said, do not worry about it. It will disappear in a few days. If you had made any purchases, only the actual amount of those purchases would end up being posted to your credit card account.

I see no need to call Princess about it.

Very good, that explains it well. Thanks!

land lover - what was the procedure? On June 30th everyone entered the terminal together to drop off their luggage on the ground floor (we had arrived by taxi) then at the bottom of the elevator to the check-in counter there were 3 or 4 folks checking the boarding passes and one of the lines was definitely marked priority. At the top of the elevator the priority check-in counters were the first on the right at the top of the elevators and clearly marked. As I think I said in an earlier post we arrived around 11 am and there were no lines anywhere (the rest of our party had no priority and they were processed as quickly as we were).

Maybe the process or the signage was changed after the beginning of the season?

Not sure what happened with your priority check-in as I thought that everything was pretty clearly marked and have no idea what happened, but that's really beside the point as it's obvious that something happened that shouldn't and I do apologize for that. The bit about the chatty employee definitely should not have happened, neither the original chatting and especially not the snarky comment about the length of the lines. That part really bothers me and Ido ask that you drop me a line at my previously mentioned email address as I want to see if I can discover who that might have been in a less public environment such as this message thread. I do ask that you please contact me so I can maybe prevent something like this happening again.

Tom

CAP...

Who knows maybe I missed the signage, came on a Princess/HAL transfer( we were delayed at the airport due to a malfunction of a lift on a bus, and no buses were loaded or could leave until it was resolved), so several buses left the airport and arrived at the pier very close together. ....Needless to say the signs for entering the terminal for each cruse line were in your face...But there were many people checking in at the time I arrived.

Checking in solo certainly makes one more observant than less and I recently looked at my history with Princess over 20 cruises in the last 5 years and only a few repeats so I have gone to many different terminals,so know the "usual" drill.

Tom you understand where I am coming from...It was the employee's attitude and response...after I returned to tell her after I was misdirected, I really didn't appreciate a defensive remark, ...especially since in truth, the priority line had only about 10 people vs maybe 200. I was anxious to get on the ship to make a few reservations or I would have addressed it to management at the terminal....but why sweat the little stuff.

What was interesting though was another women..was close behind me heading to to the priority line, she must of heard my conversation with the employee, once we were in que she commented to me "wasn't that person rude"..."when I told her I was priority, she totally inspected my paper before she would directed me."

Tom....I think I am letting my disappointment rest....thanks for your concern..BTW..I think management probably already knows who she is...I should of handled it at the port. No more effort needs to be wasted on this issue, I should not have even brought it up. Life happens. Thanks again.

Edited by land lover

Tom you understand where I am coming from...It was the employee's attitude and response...after I returned to tell her I was misdirected, I really didn't appreciate a defensive remark, ...especially since in truth, the priority line had only about 10 people vs maybe 200. I was anxious to get on the ship to make a few reservations or I would have addressed it to management at the terminal....but why sweat the little stuff.

What was interesting though was another women..was close behind me heading to to the priority line, she must of heard my conversation with the employee, once we were in que she commented to me "wasn't that person rude"..."when I told her I was priority, she totally inspected my paper before she would directed me."

The employees attitude reminded me of and I am generalizing here, the typical TSA employee on the west coast, I live in OC, CA...The attitude of....."I've got the power"

Tom....I think I am letting my disappointment rest....thanks for your concern..BTW..I think management probably already knows who she is...I should of handled it at the port. No more effort needs to be wasted on this issue, I should not have even brought it up. Life happens. Thanks again.

It is, of course, entirely your perogative as to s\whether you want to drop the matter or not. My concern is insuring that the same thing does not happen to another passenger as our job at Pier 91 is to insure that passengers are all treated professionally and with respect. which is why I have pursued this matter with you. That said, I will let this matter drop in deference to your wishes. I do apologize for the episode and hope that we will see you again in the future. Take care and may each cruise you take be better than your last one but not as good as your next one!

Tom

CAP...

Who knows maybe I missed the signage, came on a Princess/HAL transfer( we were delayed at the airport due to a malfunction of a lift on a bus, and no buses were loaded or could leave until it was resolved), so several buses left the airport and arrived at the pier very close together. ....Needless to say the signs for entering the terminal for each cruse line were in your face...But there were many people checking in at the time I arrived.

Checking in solo certainly makes one more observant than less and I recently looked at my history with Princess over 20 cruises in the last 5 years and only a few repeats so I have gone to many different terminals,so know the "usual" drill.

Just noticed a typo - that I repeated twice no less - that I should clarify for any future cruisers out of Pier 91. I should have said escalators (I think there were 3) and not elevators.

land lover - my DH and I were in a new port too plus had 5 Princess newbies (including an almost 3 1/2 year old) that we were shepherding through the process so I was all about looking for the signs! Sorry for your experience with the customer service rep who needs instruction in just what customer service means.

land lover - what was the procedure? On June 30th everyone entered the terminal together to drop off their luggage on the ground floor (we had arrived by taxi) then at the bottom of the elevator to the check-in counter there were 3 or 4 folks checking the boarding passes and one of the lines was definitely marked priority. At the top of the elevator the priority check-in counters were the first on the right at the top of the elevators and clearly marked. As I think I said in an earlier post we arrived around 11 am and there were no lines anywhere (the rest of our party had no priority and they were processed as quickly as we were).

Maybe the process or the signage was changed after the beginning of the season?

CAP... Who knows maybe I missed the signage, came on a Princess/HAL transfer( we were delayed at the airport due to a malfunction of a lift on a bus, and no buses were loaded or could leave until it was resolved), so several buses left the airport and arrived at the pier very close together. ....Needless to say the signs for entering the terminal for each cruse line were in your face...But there were many people checking in at the time I arrived. Checking in solo certainly makes one more observant than less and I recently looked at my history with Princess over 20 cruises in the last 5 years and only a few repeats so I have gone to many different terminals,so know the "usual" drill. .
Just noticed a typo - that I repeated twice no less - that I should clarify for any future cruisers out of Pier 91. I should have said escalators (I think there were 3) and not elevators.

land lover - my DH and I were in a new port too plus had 5 Princess newbies (including an almost 3 1/2 year old) that we were shepherding through the process so I was all about looking for the signs! Sorry for your experience with the customer service rep who needs instruction in just what customer service means.