Chairs on Balcony Question

mjbelen

Hi – I have a question I hope someone can help me with. Though I have done a lot of cruising this will be the first time that I will be sailing with three adults in one room. I was wondering if they will provide three chairs on the balcony rather than the standard two. I asked my travel agent about this but he told me to check with the cruise line. I haven’t called them as yet because most times when I call with a question they refer me back to my travel agent.

Anyway I would appreciate any information on this subject. Thanks!

It depends on which balcony you have. Some of the larger ones can accommodate three chairs and some are cramped with two. You can always ask your room steward when you get onboard, but it just might not be possible. Our friends had three in a room (one a teenager) in Alaska and they could not get an extra chair. I personally think that everyone in the cabin is entitled to a chair on the balcony, but that's just me.

Most standard balconies cannot accommodate three chairs, and most cabins do not come with them. You can ask, but be prepared to be told no. I also agree that if three people are in a cabin they should provide three chairs IF there is room to safely have them on the balcony. But they didn't ask me, so expect to settle for two. You can always bring the desk chair out there for the third person, but on many balconies it will be a tight fit, especially on M class.

Thanks you both for your response. We are sailing on the Equinox but have a standard size balcony. The desk chair is the backup plan but it would have been nice if we all could have deck chairs.

Most standard balconies cannot accommodate three chairs, and most cabins do not come with them. You can ask, but be prepared to be told no. I also agree that if three people are in a cabin they should provide three chairs IF there is room to safely have them on the balcony. But they didn't ask me, so expect to settle for two. You can always bring the desk chair out there for the third person, but on many balconies it will be a tight fit, especially on M class.

That's what we did when we were traveling with a friend who is single. She didn't have a balcony so she'd come up to ours and we'd pull the desk chair out. It was tight but doable. I didn't ask for another chair but if I were doing this today I wouldn't hesitate to ask steward if we could have an extra....worse he/she can do is say sorry.

Your best bet might be to bring one of those folding logo chairs from home with you that you can buy almost anywhere for a few bucks and they store in a bag with a strap. They would be easy to carry, could be taken with to the beach, and you still have the chair to take home. Not only all of that but they are also pretty comfortable.

Your best bet might be to bring one of those folding logo chairs from home with you that you can buy almost anywhere for a few bucks and they store in a bag with a strap. They would be easy to carry, could be taken with to the beach, and you still have the chair to take home. Not only all of that but they are also pretty comfortable.

Great idea-Thanks!!