Platinum Priority

maxydu

True, Heald Boy would tell us in his blog just to go to the front of the line and they will let you pass. Tried that one a few times only to be told get to the back of the line. HMC became a joke in one of the Comedians script .

And quote , I hear tell of people trying to break into the lines in the port to get back on the ship first. To bad their line starts in the back ,behind everyone else.:D.

You just learn how to avoid situations like that after awhile ;p

He used to say we could do that and we did it a number of times. Remember someone on these boads threatened bodily harm if he ever saw someone do it.

Funny story, well we found it funny.....

Few years ago we booked a cruise a few weeks out. At embarkation we were assigned late dining. Go see the MD about changing to Early or MTD, he begrudgingly says he’ll see what he can do and asks for our cards. So satisfying turning over not 1, not 2 but three platinum cards. He sighs and changes our assignment then and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did the feisty one give her a look and the MD legs turned to jelly?:)

Thanks for all the responses. In retrospect, it appears that being Platinum or Diamond does have a priority when it comes to MDR reservations. Not so much for anywhere else there are lines except tender boarding from the ship to the port.

Looking at several signatures, mine included, we seem to be satisfied with Carnival as we keep on returning although the perks for loyalty are less then exciting.

While we're on this.....I can remember when the wife and I first gained Platinum status, we were EACH rewarded with a chocolate

covered strawberry plate (2 were left in the cabin). Now the last couple of cruises they have been leaving 1 plate for us to share and quite frankly the strawberries had a lot to be desired. Is this everyone else's experience as well??

He used to say we could do that and we did it a number of times. Remember someone on these boads threatened bodily harm if he ever saw someone do it.

I missed that thread . I do remember a thread where a wedding party almost attacked a Diamond member for using the Diamond line . The words those people used to describe me would have made a sailor wash out his mouth with lye th?id=OIP.Cq8rwygIu87sq5MODiP1GgHaHy&w=198&h=209&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Just curious if anyone had a different expectation about "priority reservations" in main dining room and specialty venues". I just tried to make a reservation in the steakhouse on the Sunshine for a Dec 2018

cruise at 7pm one evening. I received a note from the manager stating that they were unable to honor the reservation at 7pm and would book us for 5:30pm. I replied that we were Platinum cruisers and I thought one of the perks was priority reservations and asked for a 7pm reservation for any night.

Long story short, he replied "priority" is only for waiting lists purposes where you move ahead of other waiting list folks who are not Platinum. So, I guess the priority is not very much of a priority.

Before you jump on me, No, I didn't expect them to cancel someone else's reservation at 7pm in order to give me priority. My thinking is it's not very much of a "perk".

I called Carnival on your behalf.

They WERE going to give you the 7pm slot but apparently some DIAMOND folks wanted it so you being only platinum got booted.

Dont bring your platinum status to a diamond fight.

I called Carnival on your behalf.

They WERE going to give you the 7pm slot but apparently some DIAMOND folks wanted it so you being only platinum got booted.

Dont bring your platinum status to a diamond fight.

Thank you for adding so much to this discussion.....must be some humor in there somewhere.....

Thanks for all the responses. In retrospect, it appears that being Platinum or Diamond does have a priority when it comes to MDR reservations. Not so much for anywhere else there are lines except tender boarding from the ship to the port.

Looking at several signatures, mine included, we seem to be satisfied with Carnival as we keep on returning although the perks for loyalty are less then exciting.

While we're on this.....I can remember when the wife and I first gained Platinum status, we were EACH rewarded with a chocolate

covered strawberry plate (2 were left in the cabin). Now the last couple of cruises they have been leaving 1 plate for us to share and quite frankly the strawberries had a lot to be desired. Is this everyone else's experience as well??

On our last cruise, my wife and I did not touch the strawberries on the ONE plate they left in the room.

Yep they reduced the strawberry plate to one per cabin .No matter how many Loyal D&P's cruisers are in said cabin. Sometimes there are only three chocolate covered strawberries on the plate for two people at times. Somebody got hungry :D

Bring back the seafood delights. ;p Whos on a sugar fad these days :D

On our last cruise, my wife and I did not touch the strawberries on the ONE plate they left in the room.

Your suppose to give em away to others so they don't go to waste :cool: What's wrong with you :D:')

Like I said in my post, I didn't expect them to "do anything". I was merely pointing out that the "perk" is somewhat useless.

I guess it would have been nice if the manager would have pointed out other days/times close to my request that I might have been interested in. Basic customer service....

Based on my cruising history, 14 all on CCL......it is obvious that I don't pick a cruise line based on the loyalty perks.

It's amazing how rude and presumptuous people on this site can be. Remember, it's here to share things about Carnival not

to one up someone.......See you on board......

I completely agree! With your last paragraph especially. Lol I've learned that to be on here, one must have pretty thick skin. I usually laugh darn near everything off. It's the internet. I have discovered a few things here though. So, it does have its uses...

Hahaha maybe it's just a bully-builder-upper for those that choose to be consistently grumpy Gus's🤣

Thankfully they do seem to be in the smallest grouping.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

At least for leaving a lot to be desired... the strawberries seem to be declining in quality and freshness. I've had them arrive moldy already.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app