Blends onboard HAL Ships?

just_jenny01

Hi! We've booked a HAL cruise on Niew Statendam for Febraury 2019.

I'm really interested in trying out Blends, their onboard "blend your own wine" experience, but I can't seem to find much info about it.

Anyone know how I can book this experience? Can I book in advance or do I need to wait until I'm onboard the ship?

Also, noticed that HAL was running a special on drinks packages- so I contact HAL or my TA (who I booked my cruise through) to inquire about it?

Also, I heard that HAL does a lot of cabin upgrades- assuming I wouldn't be eligible for those since I booked thru a TA?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Edited by Host Walt
Remove name of TA

I'm really interested in trying out Blends, their onboard "blend your own wine" experience, but I can't seem to find much info about it.

Anyone know how I can book this experience? Can I book in advance or do I need to wait until I'm onboard the ship?

I think you would book this onboard, but you can call HAL 1-800-541-1576and ask.

Also, noticed that HAL was running a special on drinks packages- so I contact HAL or my TA (who I booked my cruise through) to inquire about it?

You have to call your travel agent and ask them to check pricing for the Explore4 promo. Sometimes it isn't to your advantage to book this if the price increase is too high. You'll have to do the math.

Also, I heard that HAL does a lot of cabin upgrades- assuming I wouldn't be eligible for those since I booked thru costco?

Upgrades are hit and miss. Sometimes they will offer paid upgrades as you get closer to sailing date. They are offered to many passengers, but no idea if your travel agent will keep track of it for you. Best to ask them.

Thanks in advance!

Answers above in colour.

Edited by Host Walt

Also, I heard that HAL does a lot of cabin upgrades- assuming I wouldn't be eligible for those since I booked thru costco?
Upgrades are given and upsells are offered to people who use TA's as well as those who book direct with HAL. We have gotten both when booking through a TA. However, if you use a TA then all upsell offers are made through the TA, and some aren't too diligent about conveying those offers to customers in time to accept them before they are taken by others.

Do you know if Blends is offered on all HAL ships?
I've only seen it on the K-dam so far.

Not sure if Blends will be on N.S (It was on Koningsdam). A lot of people complained that it is wasted space but if you are a wine lover you probably will enjoy the experience . I have been to Napa Valley many times and never was able to blend my own wine. When we got to the room everyone was very quiet and reserved. After the second (or third) blending everyone was you best friend.:D

Actually the wine that we blended was very good.

We booked onboard.

Your t/a should be able to inform you.

For-instance when booking a recent cruise our t/a informed me of the drink package upgrade.

Also, I heard that HAL does a lot of cabin upgrades- assuming I wouldn't be eligible for those since I booked thru a TA?

Not sure of free cabin upgrades but your t/a can let HAL know that you would be interested in upgrading (at a price). You can always reject the offer.

Thanks in advance!

Ima

Edited by Host Walt

It was about $75 last month on the Koningsdam. Though I never saw a single person in there, apart from the staff.

My husband and I observed the same thing. Not. A. Soul. The Panorama bar offered some Blend wine one night at Happy hour and it was not very good. That entire area would be better served with another venue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums