Using Old Deposit

Twinzma

I canceled a cruise with Carnival last year due to a family member falling ill. I had other relatives too that were traveling in a second cabin which was linked to ours that had also canceled. Could I use the deposit that was used on the second cabin linked to ours as well? I hate to see money go to waste. Even after penalties there's a few hundred sitting in limbo. Thanks in advance!

I canceled a cruise with Carnival last year due to a family member falling ill. I had other relatives too that were traveling in a second cabin which was linked to ours that had also canceled. Could I use the deposit that was used on the second cabin linked to ours as well? I hate to see money go to waste. Even after penalties there's a few hundred sitting in limbo. Thanks in advance!

Were the bookings Early Saver?

Were the cancellations after the final Payment Deadline?

Were the other cabins booked under your credit card?

Ken

Were the bookings Early Saver?

Were the cancellations after the final Payment Deadline?

Were the other cabins booked under your credit card?

Ken

Were the bookings Early Saver? Yes, $50 penalty per person considered

Were the cancellations after the final Payment Deadline? No

Were the other cabins booked under your credit card? I don't remember, I want to say no.

If you booked and paid for all the bookings, I would think you should be able to use it all less the penalties as a future cruise credit. If the others booked and paid for their own, it may not be available to you. You probably need to call Carnival and find out for sure.

Also, did you get the cancellation emails for both cabins or just yours?

If you booked and paid for all the bookings, I would think you should be able to use it all less the penalties as a future cruise credit. If the others booked and paid for their own, it may not be available. You probably need to call Carnival and find out for sure.

Also, did you get the cancellation emails for both cabins or just yours?

Yes I got them for both. I have them saved on my laptop so I will place a call into Carnival. Thanks!

Just an additional note. Any future cruise credits that you may have can't be used as a deposit for a new booking. They may be applied to any future cruise that you have booked. In other words, if you don't have a future cruise already booked, you will have to pay the deposit on the new booking. The future cruise credit could then be applied towards the balance of that booking. :cool:

Just an additional note. Any future cruise credits that you may have can't be used as a deposit for a new booking. They may be applied to any future cruise that you have booked. In other words, if you don't have a future cruise already booked, you will have to pay the deposit on the new booking. The future cruise credit could then be applied towards the balance of that booking. :cool:

This is true, I had to apply my FCC to my new booking after paying the deposit.

This is Carnival’s rule but they break it routinely.

I have cancelled a cruise just recently and used leftover deposit (after $50 penalty) on deposit of different cruise.

this is not the info that was given to me when my son cancelled his girlfriend off the booking that we sail on in 64 days. The Carnival rep told me he would need to call in to book his next cruise rather than booking online and the future cruise credit would be used towards the deposit.