• 4 weeks later...

Every excursion I've been on, it's been mentioned that they appreciate tips. Of course it's up to you based on your experience and whether or not you got "personal" service to deserve a tip. We always make sure to take $1-$5-$10-$20 bills and determine the "value" towards the end of the excursion. I would guess that about half the groups tip based on what I've observed so it is truly up to you.

My wife and I? We almost always tip and as said above, it's based on the level of service. If the staff is just trying and covering the basics, we will give a 'smallish' tip. If we feel that they are really trying to make it a special time, we will tip a lot more. Also, I tend tip well when you can tell the staff has been doing it for a long time and they still exude a great attitude.

We almost always tip after excursions but it is not a requirement of course. As Mike981 states above we base the amount on how special the excursion was. We generally tip more also on independent excursions. We tend to go to the caribbean and try to support the locals as much as possible especially when they provide us an exceptional experience.

Jane